Lib Dems to Sack all Unqualified Teachers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

He actually said this on tv this dinnertime.

In there next election manifesto they will promise that 'all' teachers will be qualified.

When asked what would be done with the existing unqualified teachers and those that didn't want to go down the qualification route, he said

"they will be asked to step aside".

More Lib Dem crap.

I'm not sure I understand - how does one get to be a teacher if not qualified? A classroom assistant, yes, but a teacher?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

There are other things in the qualification besides the teaching side, things like recognising dyslexia etc, so you can become a qualified teacher in all respects except for the nursemaid side.

There are other things in the qualification besides the teaching side, things like recognising dyslexia etc, so you can become a qualified teacher in all respects except for the nursemaid side.

Ah, I see. Yeah, sure, I do think there's a place for people who aren't qualified in classrooms, under appropriate supervision.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is my understanding that this is to do with Free Schools and Acadamies.

Free schools and academies follow some rules, such as being not-for-profit, complying with Ofsted inspections and employing a qualified special needs coordinator.

However, teachers do not need a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and they largely set their own curriculum.

The Deputy Prime Minister pointed to the row over "Trojan Horse" extremist schools still raging, which Lib Dems say show how easy it is form head teachers and governors to ditch subjects they do not approve of.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27822204

At present, staff at academies and free schools are not required to have formal teaching qualifications and have broad control over the curriculum.

But the deputy PM said the shift would appear in his party's manifesto at the 2015 general election.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The LibDems will likely be all but wiped out at the next general election so I don't think anything Nick Clegg says has the least bit of credibility, he's a dead man walking talking.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Yes, it is a problem in private schools with teachers with postgraduate degrees in their chosen subject and years of experience not having the teaching cert. The problem is they are better qualified than those who test them.

There are people with postgrad degrees in education who aren't qualified to teach?

My son in law is an 'NQT' in a school- something between a TA and a qualified teacher. He plans lessons and has his own class whilst a colleague is on long term sick.

Not paid a lot, but is studying to be a teacher proper - no way that he could do this as a mature student without having an income and what would be the point of earning that in a completely unrelated field?.

I think Clegg is talking nonsense and as stated he has not a cat in hell's chance of turning around the utter contempt that his former followers have for him and his party.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I could be completely wrong, but my understanding is that you have to be qualified to teach in the state sector. So the only 'unqualified' teachers would be in the private sector or in academies. Most private schools are pretty desirable places to work so I can't imagine there are that many unqualified teachers?

The whole issue of academies being set up for profit does worry me though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I've no issue at all with requiring people to be qualified to do their job!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They are qualified as teachers, just not as wet nurses.

Sounds like an unsubstantiated rant to me. What parts of the QTS standard do you consider wetnursing? I'm guessing breastfeeding isn't *actually* in there.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Don't get at me, I didn't say it, this was the Lib Dem politician who said it.

You're the one who used the term wet nursing tho?

Unqualified teachers have been used in schools, colleges and universities for a very long time. Some of these will be older people who have a wealth of knowledge and experience to pass on to students. They may be very good at teaching, passing all relevant assessments, but would not want to go through the process of obtaining a formal qualification.

As with all policies announced by politicians, once they actually look at the real world, they will come to a position that is different to what they said. I suspect that unqualified teachers will be allowed, provided that they have passed a relevant assessment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It has a wider use today with a greater meaning than the 'old fashioned' use.

And I'm asking you to explain what you mean by it. You can't debate on unknown arguments!