SPML mortgage in 2006 - now Acenden repo following arrears and significant charges - help

Paulxo37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I took out an SPML mortgage in 2006. I was a bit of a sub-primer and this was all I could get. It was for a buy-to-let mortgage.

Of course I don't have to recount to you what a nightmare this has been at times.

In any case I'm currently in arrears (I won't bore you with the sob story) and I have also accrued thousands in 'other charges' for insurance(?), management fees, missed direct debits and anything else they could think of, really.

I've had a letter and a court date from their solicitors seeking re-possession.

I originally found this site in 2006 when it helped me to reclaim bank charges.

I was wondering what advice you could give me on this?

I should be able to make some payment towards the arrears. I have a tenant moving in to the property shortly.

Has anyone had success reclaiming these charges? They are huge.

Thank you.

Can anyone offer advice with this?

I've spoken to them and if I pay 60% of the arrears, they'll stop proceedings. If I do that I can then set up an arrangement for the remainder.

I also mentioned the arrears fees etc to them, and suggested I would complain. Does anyone think I'll enjoy success reclaiming these?

yes you can reclaim them.

sri you've been missed

i'll alert the team

have you all the statements?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I am currently going for charges with my mortgage company for both mortgage and secured loan. There is a charges calculator on here...(I will

Go off and find it in a mo). If you are sure you have all the charges they have added then all you need to do is find the average interest rate you was charged and put that figure in the cell that asks for it.

You just add the date the charge was made, the type of charge and the amount. The calculator does the rest.

There is a template letter you send with this list asking for your money back.

I will be back in a mo with the link

Olives xx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34010&d=1330899255

Here it is x

Any progress?

When's your court date?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I complained to My Mortgage Lender

no joy from them so

I complained to the FOS.

I told them it was debt farming and not helping me

My Mortgage lender was sending out letters and charging me £60.00 each month and the interest.

I did get them removed and taken off the outstanding balances.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I avoided the court date by paying a substantial part of the arrears and organising a repayment schedule for the remainder. This has left me with next to no money, but I felt I had no other choice. The court date was today so it was quite a relief not to have to go. I did ask to pay a lower amount but they wouldn't even budge £50 less than the amount they requested.

Regarding the charges, once I had paid this part, I then brought up the charges over the phone and complained at their size. I was told that this was being referred to another department, although I have heard nothing. I am now going to write to get these refunded and if unsuccessful complain as above - the FOS? Sorry, what is this exactly?

Thank you for posting Lollyjoy, it gives me hope I can overcome this.

Regarding the charges, once I had paid this part, I then brought up the charges over the phone and complained at their size. I was told that this was being referred to another department, although I have heard nothing. I am now going to write to get these refunded and if unsuccessful complain as above - the FOS? Sorry, what is this exactly?

Thank you for posting Lollyjoy, it gives me hope I can overcome this.

FOS is The Financial Ombudsman Service. To claim your charges you need to send the mortgage company an SAR...this is a letter requesting that the lender gives you all the information they gave on file about you...it includes all fees, charges, telephone conversations and letters they have sent you throughout the mortgage. You need to send a £10 cheque or postal order with this.

Once you receive your bundle go through all the charges and put them onto a charges spread sheet (there is one on here which we will find when you are ready). If you add the interest rate charged the spread sheet will add all your charged including interest. Post anouther letter to your lender with a copy of the spread sheet and ask for your money back.

They will then send a letter with a full ANC final offer. If you agree all well and good if not then send your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service

:)

Xx

• dx100uk changed the title to SPML mortgage in 2006 - now Acenden repo following arrears and significant charges - help