Athena ANPR PCN - Lidl St Neots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my wife has received a Civil Parking Charge Notice from Athena ANPR today

for overstaying her allowed parking time of 1 hour at a LIDL's car park last Thursday (17/05/14) by 21mins and 41secs.

She was genuinely shopping at LIDL's for that long,

in fact her receipt was 1hour and 21secs after she entered the car park,

but on leaving the shop she met a friend outside and stood talking to her for 15 - 20mins,

therefore running up the extra time.

Having read a number of threads here it would appear that I should make a representation (appeal) to Athena

but I am unsure what to appeal for,

should I state that my wife was genuinely using the shop for this length of time

or should I appeal that the charges are excessive and unlawful?

if it is the latter does anyone have an example of what the appeal should include

and also what is the best way to submit it (by email or registered post).

Thanks for any advice you can give.

await the notice to keeper I believe

must be sent within 28 - 56 days

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The first letter had to arrive within 14 days for a number plate capture so they are on time.

1 hours "Free parking" seems very short.

Most Lidls I think are 2 hours.

Check with the Local Council to see what was agreed in the planing application.

If you could post up a photo of the signage this may also assist

Make no contact with them

Hi,

my wife has received a Civil Parking Charge Notice from Athena ANPR today

for overstaying her allowed parking time of 1 hour at a LIDL's car park last Thursday (17/05/14) by 21mins and 41secs.

She was genuinely shopping at LIDL's for that long,

in fact her receipt was 1hour and 21secs after she entered the car park,

but on leaving the shop she met a friend outside and stood talking to her for 15 - 20mins,

therefore running up the extra time.

Having read a number of threads here it would appear that I should make a representation (appeal) to Athena

but I am unsure what to appeal for,

should I state that my wife was genuinely using the shop for this length of time

or should I appeal that the charges are excessive and unlawful?

if it is the latter does anyone have an example of what the appeal should include

and also what is the best way to submit it (by email or registered post).

Thanks for any advice you can give.

'As registered keeper of vehicle reg. xxxxxx , I have received a parking charge notice ref no.xxxxxxx from you.

I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or provide me with a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

(if you have it.)

Enclosed is a copy of the drivers receipt.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of the vehicle.

Print name. '

By all means say what the driver did, but that is all you need. You are appealing as registered keeper, so do not identify the driver.

Head your letter Appeal. (Just so there is no confusion... )

Get free proof of postage at the post office.

2 things, complain to Lidl about the abuse of your custom and send a photocopy of the receipt for your shopping. secondly, check with local council what the planning permission said about the parking. Generally PP is only granted if free parking is allowed for a certain time and that is 2 or 3 hours. It might be in the application that they said they would allow customers xxtime so they are obliged to stick to it. If that is the case, another letter to Lidl telling them they are in breach of a contrcat they entered with you as a customer and you expect them to eityher pay the charge or get it cancelled but that still wont let them off the hook with an official complaint under planning law. If they know that they are going to get grief they are more likely to be active in making sure that they dont lose out.

If they are in the wrong then a letter to the local paper will help their decisison making.

In the meanwhile, you can appeal the claim by saying that you spent more than 21 seconds finding a place to park etc so their claim is ridiculous and will do them no good if they pursue it and therefore consider this as an appeal. If they dont allow your appeal then they must give you a POPLA code and that will cost them money when you appeal to the adjudicator.