Elcorazon vs Lloyds (well, potentially at least)

elcorazon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having spent a good couple of hours trawling through the multitude of useful links, advice, forms and bumph on this awesome site I thought I'd take a moment to ask a question that I could not find an answer to.

My story fits the general profile of most here i.e. employ the words 'charges', 'astronomical', 'utterly reprehensible' in the appropriate order. However, I also have a further grievance against Lloyds to do with representations made to me in a recent face-to-face meeting with an account manager that I then, foolishly, relied upon. Needless to say, they turned out to be utter rubbish and my reliance on them has put me in a very difficult position financially, one that needs an immediate (and by that I mean within 5 days) solution. Now, the question; do I include both grievances in the same letter and risk the more imperative one getting bogged down in the protracted claim that will almost certainly be a result of my request for the refund of my charges, or should I attempt to deal with them seperately?

For the sake of clarity, the urgent problem relates to a scheduled reduction in my overdraft, however, I was told that this would not actually happen so foolishly tied the savings I had kept against this eventuality into something I cannot release them from.

Any help, advice, links to pertinent posts would be most appreciated.

Hi Elco.

So they’re calling in (or drastically reducing) your overdraft in five days time and the money you had to cover it is now inaccessible?

When you had the meeting with your account manager, at which he/she told you not to worry, did you give any clue that you would be reclaiming charges?

Do the charges that you hope to reclaim relate to the account with the overdraft?

Do you yet know the value of the unlawful charges?

I’m off to bed now, but I’ll look for a response in the morning.:)

Elsinore

Hi Elsinore,

Yes, they're drastically reducing my overdraft facility and yes, unfortunately, I no longer have access to the money I'd been good and saved!

No mention whatsoever was made about reclaiming my account charges was made at the meeting with the account manager.

Yes, the account is one and the same

The charges total £1,770.00 (excluding, for the moment, overdraft interest charged as the likely applicable amount is not going to be particularly high)

Thank you for the speedy reply and I hope you slept well.

Elco

Hi Elco, sorry for the delay, your response didn't flag up in my usercp for some reason(?):( I have been awake, honestly!:)

Have you yet started your claim i.e. sent a preliminary approach for repayment letter?

If you have, then LTSB already know that the account balance is in dispute, in which case you can fire off a letter telling them to stop all action because of the dispute. There is a template letter for this.

If you haven't started your claim then do so immediately and incorporate the 'stop action' demand into your PAR letter. For the sake of speed you could email/fax the letter and follow it up with a hard copy.

Elsinore