Scottish Power Warrant of Entry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since March I have been receiving letters from Scottish Power telling me I owe £2000 for a flat I have never lived in. These letters have been delivered to my mother's address, rather than my own. At first I did not take the letter seriously as I knew I owed them nothing. After the initial letter I received three duplicate letters telling me to pay up or face court action. I called Scottish Power who told me that the letters were not sent from them and that I should contact the police which I then did. I then received another letter saying court action has been taken and that they have obtained a warrant of entry. The letter states that they will enter my mother's property with or without permission to either cut off supply or install a prepayment metre. My mum isn't even with Scottish Power. I called again after receiving this letter to make sure they were not sent from SP, only to be told that they were in fact from SP. I was apologised to on the phone and told it was a mistake, that the false account would be deleted, however I was given no assurance that my mum's house would not be visited (the letter states this will be next week). I am very much concerned that someone from Scottish Power will arrive at my mother's and that I have nothing in writing to show them that they are wrong. I have emailed Scottish Power twice now with no reply. The only reassurance I received on the phone was that I would receive no more letters! What can I do to make sure my mother's house is not broken in to by SP??

i would also ask for someone in their complaints department to email you with their version of events and re-assurance that no warrant has been applied for in respect of your mother's address and therefore no action can or will be taken against the supply.

I would also ask them to send you a screen print from ECOES confirming who the supplier of that address is, just incase some half-wit does turn up!