style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and thanks for the answer, but I'm not sure what do you mean with getting refereed for counseling to tackle my life issues? What kind of proof would I need for such things that I've mentioned? And what would I prove with it?

Take the letter along and ask to be allowed to read it out as mitigation then give the court a copy. If you bump into the duty solicitor all well and good, pass it to them and they will do the same and point out how you have realised how this will affect your future, learned a painful lesson etc and point out that it was out of character and that you have more to lose than most and you might get what is known as an absolute discharge. This is where you are guilty but no punishment attached to the finding so it drops off most records quicker than other convictions-bit like a caution.

Hello and thanks for replying... I will include the things you've mentioned like that it was out of my character and that how it would affect my future. The thing that is left unclear for me is whether I'm supposed to meet a duty solicitor at the day of the court or it is possible to go there different day and talk to him. I've red as well that duty solicitors are usually busy with people in custody for example and it seems to me to be unlikely to have their attention for such a crime... Thank you once again.

I think the Duty Solicitor will only be available to you on the day you are meant to attend court. They don't hold clinics. Even then there are no guarantees on the day, that you will be able to see one.

Hello and thanks for replying... I will include the things you've mentioned like that it was out of my character and that how it would affect my future. The thing that is left unclear for me is whether I'm supposed to meet a duty solicitor at the day of the court or it is possible to go there different day and talk to him. I've red as well that duty solicitors are usually busy with people in custody for example and it seems to me to be unlikely to have their attention for such a crime... Thank you once again.

The duty sols are found at the court, just ask at the desk when you arrive to announce yourself whether there is one about. Sometimes they ask if anyone need their services. Be clear about something though, they arent goingto miraculously come up with some shceme to get you off on a technicality, they wont have the time to investigate all the procedural matters. They will be able to help you get your voice heard regarding your mitigating factors and hopefully get the magistrate to see that you are not a bad egg and this is a one off

Thank you for your reply. I don't seek help to get myself off the technicality, I just want to make clear of how is the whole procedure working. I believe it would be better to have a solicitor representing me, rather than reading the letter all shaky and stuttery in front of the court. I will edit my letter tomorrow and will probably send it to the court soon. I wonder if I will be too late with my "early plea", because of my frustration of writing it down properly...

IMO the best thing to do is get that letter sorted and take it with you. You can either hand it to the duty solicitor, who will normally accept it and help because your case will be very easy and very fast as youve admitted guilt at the first opportunity or go in solo and ask the judge if you can read it or offer it to them to read.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

On the letter that I've received from the police it says that I might get a discount for early plea of guilty. Which is another concern for me, because I live with about £200-£250 a month, as I'm not working and am supported by my parents... and am trying to keep this away from them, because I'm really ashamed of my stupidity.

Once judgement is obtained, the court will take your financial circumstances into consideration. Chances are they will allow you to pay any fine on a weekly or monthly basis so make sure you take the financial page with you.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you are in the EU it should be fairly straighforward. I would write to the court and enter a plea and then give an address for correspondence back home so it can be done with as soon as possible. you might try phoning to see what forms they have that would make a postal pleading easier to administer. Courts have forms for just about everything.

So in that case it would be the best to have the money on the day of the court, so if I get some charge to pay I deal with it on the day? I'm trying to leave this away from my parents, where I'll be going when I leave...

Yep. You can do it that way. The courts prefer that too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello people and thank you very much for the help you've provided. I have one last question, who should I address my letter to? I think of posting it tomorrow, but I don't really know should I put some reference numbers on it, should it be to some judge and etc.?

There should be reference number on the letter they sent to you, use that.

Just write: For the attention of District Judge.

They could take ages to open the letter, the best thing is to take a copy with you, just in case it's still sitting in a filing a 'In tray'.

Hand it to the clerk as soon as you get there.

4th of June

I'd like to give it a try, on the letter from the police it says that if I do a early plea of guilty I might get a reduced charge... So if I'm addressing the Magistrates Court I should address it to the attention of the District Judge?

That's fine, you could simply address it to the Court, it will find it's way to the relevant person.

I'd like to give it a try, on the letter from the police it says that if I do a early plea of guilty I might get a reduced charge... So if I'm addressing the Magistrates Court I should address it to the attention of the District Judge?

Just make sure that you use the court references so they can marry up with the correct claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

in a magistrates court it will be either a stipendiary magistrate or lay magistrates who are JP's. A DJ sits in a county court and does civil and family matters

You could head your letter to the bench, XXX magistrates court

I've just sent the letter today, addressed to the Clerk in duty and the letter was starting with "To the attention of the District Judge" and my reference numbers... : x

All criminal cases start in a magistrates’ court.

Cases are heard by either:

• 3 magistrates
  • a district judge

There isn’t a jury in a magistrates’ court.

https://www.gov.uk/courts/magistrates-courts

Then you may cause confusion as a District Judge doesnt sit in a magistrates court, a magistrate does. As long as you put the correct references on I'm sure that they will sort it out