style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I searched CAG for this but couldn't find anything. What is the ECHR view on the collection of council tax through earnings arrestment etc? I ask because the arrestment on my wages equates to just 10% of my gross pay. I'm effectively paying double the rate of income tax. This is causing severe financial hardship for my family, resulting in further debt, denying my children food in their mouths and clothes on their backs. The arrestment only has a couple of months to go so there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the levels of arrestment are far too high in my view.

I doubt the " human rights Act" will have any impact here attachment/arrestment of earnings for a tax debt of any government debt is UK law.

The levels as I understand it are set so that the amount taken does not put an individual below the minimum level of income set down by government.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: