style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There was so much wrong in this episode that it is hard to know where to begin:

1..Whyte & Co were once again on the verge of taking a vehicle that was clearly a 'tool of the trade" (roofing contractor)

2..Once again, Whyte & Co were seen on numerous occasions to state that the vehicle has been stopped as IT (the vehicle) has an outstanding warrant again it.

3..Whyte & Co were seen to be SEARCHING the boot space of cars stopped on their instructions.

4..Whyte & Co confirmed that their DVLA enquiry had been wrong and that a second DVLA check had indeed proved that the car had changed ownership.

5..'Debbie' was not seen in this episode (or indeed any others) to show the debtor a copy of the warrant (for all we know the warrant may have expired)

6..Whyte & Co were heard to say that they had been pursuing one vehicle for 'over 12 months'. This statement was worrying given that a warrant expires after 12 months and I am concerned that she may have been charging the debtor for a PCN that was subject to an expired warrant !!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The GOOD part from each episode has been the way in which the Adjudicators deal with appeals.

It is a well known fact that TPT (Traffic Parking Tribunal) have a far less formal approach than PATAS and this was demonstrated clearly by seeing how expertly (and fairly) Caroline Sheppard dealt with appeals. She is by far the most experienced Adjudicator in the UK and the expression on her face this week when the local authority confirmed that they had provided a wrong document in their appeal pack was a picture. Her displeasure was so evident.

This thread is all well and good, we all know on CAG what we are witnessing is just the tip of the iceberg regarding Bailiffs but how do we get the authorities to take notice.

I know from one brief experience with 2 Bailiffs what lying B******* they are.

Yet here we have them being filmed on national television with the assistance of the Police.

They know they are being filmed yet they still lie and cheat. One can only imagine what they do do when they are not being filmed.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

Perhaps Whyte & Co need bringing to book then, the evidence is there. Ifear that they indeed would especially now under the new rules remove a third party car from the new owner at one of these operations, in face of available evidence and push to interpleader if the vehicle had changed hands within the last two to three months and DVLA were as slow as usual changing keeper. The innocent would possibly be arrested for breach of the peace by the police present if they protested too loudly, well there seems to be a great number of police at these operations twiddling their thumbs looking for something to do.

The Adjudication process footage was brilliant, reral insight into how it works, and shows that it is procedurally fair.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I watched the latest episode yesterday.

Horrific.

Two immediate points.

1) I have been remiss. Please tell me that (several) people have recorded these programmes.

2) Who was the Whyte 'politician' who appeared ?

I still maintain that the chances that fees charged were actually lawful is vanishingly small.

I watched the latest episode yesterday.

Horrific.

Two immediate points.

1) I have been remiss. Please tell me that (several) people have recorded these programmes.

2) Who was the Whyte 'politician' who appeared ?

I still maintain that the chances that fees charged were actually lawful is vanishingly small.

The last three have a keep flag on my Sky + They show bailiffs in the worse possible light, and show they have NOT improved after the Boast fiasco with Rossendales.

The inference all along in the programme from Whyte & Co is that they are somehow dealing with dangerous criminals, not people who have not paid a parking ticket, which is a civil debt and nothing whatsoever to do with the police.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Maybe the people at Whyte & Co thought the publicity they would gain from this would show them & Bailiffs in general in a good light. How wrong they seem to be. I note that several of Whyte & Co's Enforcement Agents are due to have their Certificates renewed shortly including that of of our "leading" lady. Maybe time to start writing.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe the people at Whyte & Co thought the publicity they would gain from this would show them & Bailiffs in general in a good light. How wrong they seem to be. I note that several of Whyte & Co's Enforcement Agents are due to have their Certificates renewed shortly including that of of our "leading" lady. Maybe time to start writing.

Shame the programme isn't admissible at the certifying court for the DJ's consideration.

Maybe the people at Whyte & Co thought the publicity they would gain from this would show them & Bailiffs in general in a good light. How wrong they seem to be. I note that several of Whyte & Co's Enforcement Agents are due to have their Certificates renewed shortly including that of of our "leading" lady. Maybe time to start writing.[/quote

Perhaps they thought that by participating in the program they would be getting free publicity. Having no script to follow shows them for what they are...ignorant. I expect they are even arrogant enough to hold the belief there is no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

Maybe the people at Whyte & Co thought the publicity they would gain from this would show them & Bailiffs in general in a good light. How wrong they seem to be. I note that several of Whyte & Co's Enforcement Agents are due to have their Certificates renewed shortly including that of of our "leading" lady. Maybe time to start writing.[/quote

Perhaps they thought that by participating in the program they would be getting free publicity. Having no script to follow shows them for what they are...ignorant. I expect they are even arrogant enough to hold the belief there is no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

Judging by "Debbie" and that second bailiff with the inane remaks to a double leg amputee about affording a "nice" car their arrogance is unbounded. hope they crash and burn (as in company goes under not a physical accident) as a result