Fuel Pump

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some advice,

I have a Vauxhall Meriva registered in Jan 11, so just over three years old.

It has 28'500 miles on the clock and i need a new fuel pump.

As it is 'just' over three years old the warranty is finished the repairs wont be covered.

I just feel for such low mileage this is a big job?

could be wrong and just wanted to know if I have a case to take it further with vauxhall?

Not knowing what has gone wrong with the pump i am just spectulating here, so please bear with me.

The fact that the car has done low milage may not have a bearing in it as potentially the seals have hardened and perished, this would not be related to how many miles it has on the clock but how old it is.

Do you know what has gone wrong with the pump?>

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

There are two pertinent questions here:

1. Have you had the car from new?

2. Do you know the full history of the car and is there any indication during previous or your ownership of the car of a misfuel incident.

OP also needs to define which pump has failed, the lift pump in the tank or the HPCR pump which is the main one.

If it is the main one then invariably the fail is down to a misfuel incident where the engine has been run. Vauxhaul won't want to know and neither will the dealer. That is unless of course the dealer knew that at some point in the cars life prior to sale it had been misfueled.