hoist and old catalogue debt on credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently checked my credit history through equifax.

upon getting the report i noticed i have an outstanding debt from 2008.

I cannot find who the debt is for and this is going to effect my credit score.

it says the default was 11/2008 but updated in 2011,

..will this drop off in 11/2014 or in 2017? ( please see attached picture )

if i cannot find out how to repay it what can i do..any advide is very helpful.

Alex

Guest mojomillyjoe

hi my friend I can only tell you what I think so anyone please correct me if I am wrong. but if you have not acknowledge this debt or made any payments then it will be statue barred 6 years from default date 11/2008. as for the update in 2011 thats just what it is, a update of there records, and I would contact Equifax to find out who put the debt there ! hope this helps

The file will drop off your report 6 years after the date of initial entry. So if it was first there in june 2008, then it will be removed in june 2014

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That entry is also for a catalogue account and is owned by hoist portfolio. meaning the OC has sold it to a DCA, who, for whatever reason has never chased you for it. Personally, i would leave it well alone as it is almost Statute barred, if it isn't already so.

If the DCA is not chasing you, then dont stir up the ants nest.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Many thanks for the reply's,

I failed to pay the debt as i didn't have the finance options a few years ago, i received letters from debt recovery company's.

the last of these came roughly 6 months ago,the usual MUST PAY IN FULL NOW! in big red letters,

i have ignored these letters and not had any contact with the company's, nor have i paid anything since 2008.

i understand i should have just paid the debt, in the first place.. but i didn't have the money at the time.

i don't want to stir up the nest, i do hope it will drop off in November as that was the default date, fingers crossed

Alex

It will drop off, and it will likely be statute barred before that date anyway. So even if they did chase you, you can tell them to do one.

Appologies for the late reply , as i have been away

Many thanks for the advice etc.

As i would like to try and apply for a credit card at the moment i am being offered typical 34.9% interest cards i guess due to this being on my file.

Would i be offered better cards after this has dropped off, or is this not the case.

As i have never owned a credit card, the whole %APR is new to me. not to sound like a dinosaur lol.

Alex

You will be offered better rates but not straight away. The entries may be removed, but you will still need to build up and show a solid and stable credit history.

Regarding a credit card, pretty much anything over 10% you should stay away from. When you see barclaycard and vanquis's 34%+ cards, definitley stay away. Youll pay more in interest than what you actually use, and those two companies have a habit of saying " you have been pre-approved". Then when you call to confirm, they put the app through, you get declined, and get a bad entry on your credit score.