Wilkinsons - poor delivery - shocking follow up Customer Service - please advise!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My first time posting, although buying a lot of stuff online, I've been lucky never to have had a bad experience until my first order with Wilkos! I have never complained about anything or had such shockingly poor service that I'm really unsure how to proceed. Would be really grateful if you think I'm being unreasonable, or how I should proceed:

I ordered 4 items at a total cost of £300 from the Wilko website about 3 weeks ago.

• After a week of ordering, I still hadn't heard anything from Wilko so contacted them

• I contacted the couriers directly to arrange delivery after being on hold for nearly an hour, as Wilkos hadn't given them my correct number

•I received no communication from the couriers regarding time slots

•The delivery arrived on the designated day, but the couriers only had 1 of the 4 parcels (a dining table without the chairs).

•I contacted Wilkos immediately who said they would investigate

•After waiting 24 hours, I hadn't heard anything so recontacted them, and got the same response

•Another 24 hrs later, I demanded to speak to the team leader who arranged for a repick and for the order to be redelivered on Fri morning - I confirmed this would be ok, but stressed that due to work commitments, it would have to be a morning slot

•Fri morning, I waited around, no sign of couriers by 11am, so phoned Wilko who said, no they're coming in the afternoon!!

•So they said they would rearrange the delivery for Sat morning (today)

•No sign again, so phoned up (yet again!) and turns out the delivery isn't on the lorry this morning

I'm pretty irate by now, and ask for a cancellation of the order. They said they could only refund the order in full if I return the dining table. I can't afford to spend yet another day waiting for the couriers to pick up the table to get a refund and it is useless without the chairs. They are willing to give me 50% off the full price of the table, but as it's part of a set, actually the price I paid for is considerably less than what they're offering. Plus I can't really do much without the chairs!

Sorry to ramble, but am I being unreasonable to expect them to just refund my order in full and just let me keep the table? I wouldn't bother asking for compensation for the two extra days had to stay at home, just want my money back and never have to deal with them again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed.

Your mistake in this matter is that you used the phone more than once. It is well known that customer services of most companies have drones who will immediately forget you once they hang up.

I think you should deal in writing only.

I have found one email address.

lisa.wilkinson@wilko.co.uk

The only other named individual I can find is:

STEPHEN HOWARD SINCLAIR Who shows as a director.

WILKINSON HARDWARE STORES,LIMITED

JK HOUSE PO BOX 20

ROEBUCK WAY MANTON WOOD

WORKSOP

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE

S80 3YY

Whether they let you keep the table is unknown. It does seem to be poor service.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think you are probably now at the stage where you can provide them with a date/time on which you will be there for them to collect and they should then make the effort to fit in with your time schedule.

I have included poor customer service in your title and tweeted your thread :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't think you are being unreasonable at all.

Send your complaint to Ms Lisa Wilkinson at the email address in post #2, she is the chairman.

Give them a definite time to pick up the table ie by 11am Tuesday and that pm's are not convenient, (or whatever suites you), and include that from 1 minute past that time you will be charging £10 per day storage.

is it wilko furniture http://www.wilko.com/

or

wilkinson furniture? http://www.wilkinsonfurniture.ie/