About to start process of getting YB default removed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I checked our credit file again today & Yorkshire Bank placed a default on there for £312 for me & hubby the day the offered (& we accepted) full settlement of our bank charges. I am fuming!

We closed the account, it had a £600 O/D. All along I said to them I was not refusing to pay any monies I owed but as the said monies were in dispute (quote county court claim number) I wouldn't be settling until the case was concluded. I also added that should we be proved to owe them money it would be settled immediately (& it was from the settlement). In every letter to them I said exactly the same thing & also stated as per the banking code, I didn't expect them to take any action to recover funds that were in dispute.

Anyone else had a dirty trick like this?

Thanks,

TC

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

My family has been a victim of Yorkshire Bank's dirty tricks (not penalty related)

Despite no defaults Yorkshire Bank's illegal, underhand, deceptive and dishonest actions caused us to lose our livliehood.

Following recent corruption and trading scandals involving National Irish and National Australia Bank, the group is supposedly trying to rebuild it's reputation.

Judging by your post TC, YB are still continuing to adopt their old arrogant and aggressive attitude.

If I were you I would complain to Clydesdale about the YB's conduct in this matter.

Clydesdale are more approachable than YB

They're a nightmare diddled, but I'm not letting them away with a flipping thing. I agree with everything you siad about the shower, they seem to have no business ethic other than "more, more, more at any cost!".

I believe that Clydsdale are not even properly aware and would certainly not approve of some of the tactics YB are deploying.

Yorkshire Bank is doing little to help rebuild the Group's reputation. They seem hell bent on continuing to demonstrate the arrogance and aggression that the Group wants to stamp out.

The National Australia Group Europe Act 2001 provides for the fusion of the undertakings of Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank by the transfer to Clydesdale Bank of the undertaking of Yorkshire Bank and that the fusion should be effected economically and without interference with the conduct and continuity of the businesses carried on by NAG Europe or its subsidiaries:

National Australia Group Europe Act 2001

I'll have a read of that later Diddled, thanks.

Starting to wonder if I should hit them high with this one? I've given Customer Realtions until next Wed to get the default off but I'm seriously considering sending details of what's going on to the top guy at NAG head office. The figure they've defaulted us on is completely irrelevant & the timing of it is very suspect. It stinks of revenge & my common sense tells me such a large organisation wouldn't indulge in such things but where these clowns are concerned I'm begining to wonder....?

Just had an email to say they are removing the default.

I'm stunned, I expected another battle!

Not yet but I'm going to work on that one ;) As soon as the thing's off there I'm going to ask questions as to why it was put on there in the 1st place. Not letting them off the hook that easy.