Mail order plants not received but signed for by unkown person

Growlybear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I should be very grateful for any advice on my rights regarding a problem I have encountered today. I ordered some mail order herbs a couple of weeks ago, which I paid for by PayPal. I had an email on 8 April to say that my plants had been despatched. I was concerned that they haven't arrived yet, and contacted the retailer today. They have just informed me that the plants were apparently delivered by Yodel at 11.40 a.m. on 10 April, and were signed for by someone called John.

I was positively at home all day on 10 April, and no delivery was attempted by Yodel. I've had problems with Yodel before, as have many people that I know. There is no-one by the name of John living at my address, or at any nearby house. The retailer has said that they will go back to Yodel again to ask for more details of where my plants were delivered, but have told me that because the delivery has been signed for, even though it wasn't by me, there is nothing they can do! I assume that this is not true and wondered if the best course of action would be for me to start a dispute through PayPal? neutral.gif

Your dispute through paypal will get you nowhere so how did you fund the paypal payment? If it was through a paypal balance you can kiss goodbye to your money and will have to rely on the goodwill of the supplier to send some more. If you paid via a credit or debit card then you can do a chargeback. Your card supplier may try and tell you that as you paid paypal that there is no entitlement to a chargeback but that is not strictly true and they should know that. I would also be writing a very strong letter to the supplier and point out that you are going to do a reclaim from the card co for non performance of a contract and that Yodel's rather limp sign for will not impress anyone else. If they want to challenge this then let them know that there are other courses of action you can take but want to give them the opportunity to make good first.

Yodel yet again. They have history with their drivers taking items and faking signatures, or even knocking on a random house simply to get a sig. Mainly because their drivers are commission based, and the more deliveries they do, the more they get paid.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D