FOS Uphold Claim - Barclaycard will still not pay out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was hoping for a little advise regarding a PPI claim against Barclaycard from any experts on these matters.

The current status is that the Financial Ombudsman Service found in our favour and recommended to Barclaycard that our claim should be fully upheld and reimbursed accordingly.

The basis of our claim was that Barclaycard were guilty of systematic selling of our PPI, they had implied our application for the card would be more successful should we take it out, a familiar and well established tactic.

Barclaycard however have rejected the FOS initial findings and appealed against the FOS decision.

The reason Barclaycard cite is that along with the application for the card comprehensive information regarding the PPI was included within a leaflet in the application package.

We asked Barclaycard to produce a copy of this leaflet, they said they cannot due to passing of time.

That is where we are currently.

I was hoping someone could advise what is likely to happen next:

1. Are the FOS likely to change their mind?

2. Will the FOS make a final decision which Barclaycard cannot challenge?

Thanks,

Charlie

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a similar situation with HSBC and the FOS informed me that unless the bank can supply any new evidence then they are unlikely to change their minds. It can however take another while they look in to the reasons that they do not agree with the decision. I have had a letter today to say that my complaint has been upheld and that I should expect an offer from HSBC within 8 weeks.