Just wondering about Default notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a long story short, a few years back my company had to close and in turn was sorting things out when through the whole process I discovered that there was an issue with a hire purchase agreement I was on with BMW

Basically and not to bore you all, I disputed the credit agreement due to a very long winded defence regarding the validity of the agreement, basically BMW continued with their action, repossessed the car and started proceedings.

However I put up a valid defence against them and we agree to settle out of court

So my question is, as I was prepared to defend the action fully as I disputed the validity of the agreement, and as they agreed to discontinue action, do I have an argument in order to get them to remove the default from my credit file

Hi Welcome to CAG,

How long ago was the default placed? It will be removed after on the 6th anniversary of the default date.

It would be reasonable I think to request removal of the default as agreement to settle out court was reached.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Its been a couple of years, my issue really is that it should have never defaulted in the first place as I don't feel it was an enforceable agreement and as such I think they also didn't want the headache of the defence I produced so we agreed to all walk away

I have one other opportunity to be honest where I stipulated this in my correspondence where I asked that the default be removed, now they never denied or refused to do so, so in essence I have a reasonable argument to say that they agreed to those terms as I see it