Csa - overpayment of voluntary contributions

WATERMELON45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am the parent with care. My ex husband worked overseas for a period of two years and the csa could not collect child support payments as he was paid via Jersey and Jersey is not in their jurisdiction. However, he did pay voluntary contributions for child support. I received a phone call from the CSA asking me to confirm that he had paid these voluntary contributions and that he had made an over payment in excess of £8K and he now wants the voluntary contributions back. To say I am flabergasted is an understatement. Surely, if the NRP pays voluntary contributions they are voluntary and the CSA cannot ask for them back. Where do I stand on this.

I am meeting my MP to see if she can help me. Also spoken to CMOPTIONS and they cannot understand it. Think this will end up going to court. CMOPTIONS said that ALL voluntary contributions are just that voluntary and they dont know how the CSA can class them as overpayment. It beggers belief that the NRP would want to take a penny off daughters.

I am meeting my MP to see if she can help me. Also spoken to CMOPTIONS and they cannot understand it. Think this will end up going to court. CMOPTIONS said that ALL voluntary contributions are just that voluntary and they dont know how the CSA can class them as overpayment. It beggers belief that the NRP would want to take a penny off daughters.

This does sound weird it is almost like saying I paid too much in charitable donations can I have some back

• 3 weeks later...

I am awaiting all this to be put in writing from CSA.

I think several factors hAve come into force here. A) My MP contacted them, B) CAB contacted them and C) CSA knew about these voluntary contributions and failed to clarify, in writing, at that time, that these VC's were in place.

However, I have been advised that the NRP can appeal this decision so I am hoping that this is not an ongoing case.