Speeding in Liverpool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All depends how fast you were going and what the speed limit was, and if you contested it or not.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

All depends how fast you were going and what the speed limit was, and if you contested it or not.

Correct apart from that bit. Assuming the OP was caught by a camera, first you get a NIP (Notice of intended prosecution) which you complete and send back. Then they will either send out a FPN or an offer to attend a speed awareness course providing you haven't been offered one within the last 3 years.

You can only contest the FPN by attending court. If you get a FPN, then you couldn't of met the criteria for the course.

What was the speed limit and how fast were you going?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The criteria used for assessing eligibility for the speed awareness course is speed within the range of speed limit + 10% + 2 mph to speed limit + 10% +6 mph. In a 40 mph speed limit, this equates to speeds from 46 mph to 50 mph.

It he current threshold for any force in the national scheme (ie almost all of them now) is 10%+9 and has been for years. So up to and including 53 in a 40. See here, page 7

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/uniformed/2013/201305-uoba-joining-forces-safer-roads.pdf

That said the offer is discretionary and there is no 'right' to demand one simply because you were doing a particular speed. The most common reason why you might not be offered one would be if it took a long time after the offence (a few months) for you to confirm that you were driving - perhaps because it was a hire or company car and they had to send NIPs to,other proper first before they caught up wit you. When was the actual offence? And what does "around 50" mean?