Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007: Statutory Regulations that will be revoked/amended on 6th April 2014

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Suppose time will tell but it's one main point to check and I guess FOI requests will be made for that also.

Again I think a lot of Local Authorities would be stupid to have the minimum period for the Compliance Stage with postage issues, amongst others, meaning a longer period should be given. These new regulations were brought in for transparency etc but also to transform and get away from this rogue bailiffing giving debtors a chance to comply and make arrangements prior to a knock on the door.

How they are shaping up with this drip feed of information right up until the 11th hour and 59 minutes 59 seconds will likely screw up the good intentions, and it will be business as usual for the rogues. For all our sakes I hope I am wrong on that one.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

One more thing to take into consideration is that April 6 is a Sunday this year and wonder how many Bailiffs will be out to make a point.

I'm sure some of our sparring partners and usual suspects will be out there trying to make an impact.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 weeks later...

The Consultation Paper on Bailiff Reform finished two years ago and it was known at that time (and long before) that the the new regulations would include ALL debt types including the enforcement of a Liability Order for unpaid council tax, a Liability Order for Child Support Agency arrears, a warrant of execution for unpaid local authority issued parking charge notice and the enforcement of Distress Warrants for unpaid Magistrate Court fines. Two weeks ago I started this thread after the Ministry of Justice had announced details of the Statutory Regulations that would be revoked from 6th April.

Astonishingly, despite this, one particular website (favoured by Freeman on the Land supporters and well known to this site) continuously claim to visitors that the new regulations ONLY apply to Commercial Rent Arrears Recoveries. Yesterday viewers were left aghast when they read the following statement by the website owner:

"This morning Parliament is unable to confirm that Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery fee regulations apply to council tax and traffic debt enforcement.

I have now approached Parliament again to decide either way whether the CRAR regulations should apply and officially confirms it's intention.

This is the first official sign somebody may have been disingenous with their interpretation of the CRAR fee regulations".

Today, (April Fools Day) the website owner finally realised his error by this post:

'Much to my disappointment the new fee regulations do apply to council tax and PCN's They do not apply to Magistrate court fines"

and that:

"It's not all bad news...the fees do not apply if the bailiff or council has not complied with enforcement procedures so this could be a winner for the commission paid fee reclaimers using the online enforcement compliance check"

As I have said many times before, debtors need to be very careful indeed of taking advice from internet site.

• 2 months later...

It is necessary to revisit this thread because 2 months after Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013 took effect it would seem that debtors are being advised by a certain "help forum" that the Distress for Rent Rules 1988 has not been revoked. The very first post on this thread provides the CORRECT position.