Natwest old loan ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, my first time on this forum, so please forgive any newbie errors!

I just wondered if anyone could advise me how to obtain details of older loans and microfilm transaction histories from Natwest bank.

I called their PPI helpline and they said my loan from 1988 was not on the system.

The local branch cannot find any record of it,

so I referred it to the ICO and

then I was sent statements back to October 1992.

Unfortunately, I repaid the loan sometime early in 1992 so nothing showed up on these.

I have read about other users on this forum who have managed to get information from a lot earlier than October 1992,

which may have been stored on microfilm/microfiche,

how do you find that?

Someone mentioned the Natwest Customer Lending Centre,

how do you contact them?

I'd be really grateful if anyone who has some expertise or experience in this area could help. Cheers

Hi

Yes some have been lucky in getting old data.

Be aware though that the bank do not have to hold records for longer than 5 or six years after it has been paid off so you may not get anything.

You could try a Subject Access Request (SAR) to see if they have anything but it could be a long shot for a loan of that age.

Template for SAR is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

Thanks for the reply, already done a SAR, that's how I, eventually, got hold of statements from October 1992.

It's the microfilm or microfiche transaction histories from when the account opened that I'm trying to find now.

I've read lots of stories about other customers finding this type of data from different banks including Natwest.

Did you try a "Failed SAR" letter and tell them what you consider was missing.

I would think that is the way forward.

It is possible to sue for non compliance to force them to give you missing data.

However, as said, given the age of this one it may be an uphill struggle with no guarantee of success.

Thanks for the suggestion, by failed SAR do you mean complain to the ICO? I tried that and they managed to get Natwest to supply bank statements back to October 1992. Its the microfiche records that the bank haven't provided, they won't say if they have been searched or even admit if they exist. Why?

There is a letter for a failed SAR in the CAG library.

You now say that the ICO has had a look at this? They should be able to force disclosure if the records exist.

Have you asked the direct question of Natwest as to whether they exist and required a yes or no answer?

All you can do is keep up the pressure with Natwest and maybe the ICO too.

Always bear in mind that these records may bo longer exist...they may have legitimately destroyed them.

You could ask for the certificates of destruction but whether they will let you have that is again another matter.

Thanks again for your quick response.

I'll have a look at the failed SAR example.

I will ask the bank for a direct answer to the microfiche question.

My account has been in use since the mid 1980's and I understood they did not destroy your data unless you closed the account?

Is it possible that they might destroy some customers data and not others, or would all live accounts be treated the same?