Parking Eye - Lidl car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys,

I have also just had a letter from parking eye advising if I don't pay £85 they're going to take me to court.

The car park in question is for a Lidl store and my gym which I have been a member for 10 years.

This car park was free to everyone with a 3 hour limit now it is free with a 1 hour limit but I get 2 hours when I'm using the gym.

I run over by 2 minutes one day and they sent me a charge notice for £45 which I appealed,

now this letter has come through for £85 charge if not they will take me to court.

Any advice on the next step I should take?

I've been told they can't take me to court and ignore it.

OK, I'm sure that the administrators will create your own thread

but what you should do now is look at the letter PE sent you and see if there is a 12 character POPLA ref code on it.

If there isnt then write a letter of complaint to the British Parking Association about the abuse of process by Parking Eye and copy it to them.

I'm sure that you will get your code promptly then.

Once you have that code you can appeal to POPLA and there are dozens of threads stating what you should put in your appeal.

In the meanwhile find out whethr the land is Lidl's, the gym's or someone else's as PE may not have the right to shorten the free time to 1 hr from 3.

Planning permission is normally required as well as a new contract with the landlord so that will be one of the reasons for your POPLA appeal- lack of enforceable contract..

Hi RMcc, and welcome to CAG

New thread started for you to use for your case.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You have a notice to keeper, you can respond to that in time but first I would march the letter to your gym manager and tell them that you expect them to get on to PE and ensure the invoice is cancelled or you will find another gym - do not be put off by the 'it's out of our hands mate' answer, it is not and they do have the power to contact PE and say drop it or else.