Barclaycard credit card misselling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just wondering whether kind folks on here think I have a case.

First I am registered disabled and have been for many years.

Back in 2003 I was quite poorly and in March 2003 had just begun taking medication which had some horrendous side effects.

I banked at Woolwich at that time already part of Barclays. We were very tight financially and due to my medication was not in a good place mentally.

One day I went into Woolwich to withdraw money. The cashier said would you like a Barclaycard. Not really with it I accepted and the form was filled in there and then. One of the worst decisions of my life. Within 5 days I was given this card with a £3k limit. No checks had been made that I was disabled and in receipt of benefits. We used the money to live on as we had two teenage kids at this time. They progressively upped the limit to £7k without asking us over two years and we used the money to live on and then of course eventually couldn't make the repayments

We came to an arrangement with Barclaycard who then sold the debt to Cabot in 2011 which is now down to £4950.

What I wanted to know should I apply to Barclaycard for mis-selling of a credit card and complain? If they refuse to address the issue take it to the Ombudsman.

I have already taken Cabot and it was decided that they have bought the debt in accordance with the rules and my application was deemed to be the credit agreement.

Any replies will be helpful

Hi Madloopy

Can you provide more details on the following?

'I have already taken Cabot and it was decided that they have bought the debt in accordance with the rules and my application was deemed to be the credit agreement.'

Thread moved.