DWP said Atos told them i was working ?????

liddelljohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had a compliance interview with DWP , I have severe health and mobility and sight problems and have spent much of last year in hospital or in recovery ,, The DWP compliance officer said that ATOS had told them i was working !!!!! as a truck driver and that ATOS could prove it as they had been checking my bank accounts ????? I told the DWP compliance officer that ATOS were liars and I dont believe they have the powers to access my bank accounts ,, he tentatively agreed and said that all was OK after i submitted bank records etc ,,, but I am very worried and concerned as i dont understand quite what went on here ????/

2 years ago i was approached by HMRC as someone was illegally using my NI number and identity as a farm worker in Lincolnshire ??? and also as a Diver ???? that was resolved after much stress and hassle .could these issues be linked

any one know if i should persue this further ????

Atos does not have the power to access your bank accounts. For that matter, nor does the Compliance section at the DWP.

Yeah, pursue this further.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I recently had a compliance interview with DWP , I have severe health and mobility and sight problems and have spent much of last year in hospital or in recovery ,, The DWP compliance officer said that ATOS had told them i was working !!!!! as a truck driver and that ATOS could prove it as they had been checking my bank accounts ????? I told the DWP compliance officer that ATOS were liars and I dont believe they have the powers to access my bank accounts ,, he tentatively agreed and said that all was OK after i submitted bank records etc ,,, but I am very worried and concerned as i dont understand quite what went on here ????/

2 years ago i was approached by HMRC as someone was illegally using my NI number and identity as a farm worker in Lincolnshire ??? and also as a Diver ???? that was resolved after much stress and hassle .could these issues be linked

A compliance interview with DWP is a computer picking a claimant out at random and inviting them for a interview to check there claim for benefits is ok, those on income related benefits .

Sounds like it was a "interview under caution" you attended ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Compliance interviews are also when DWP has been told of something untoward but they either don't entirely believe it or they don't have any evidence to do an interview under caution.

Perhaps the first step would be to do a SAR to DWP and ATOS (neither charge anything) and see what comes back.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Compliance interviews are also when DWP has been told of something untoward but they either don't entirely believe it or they don't have any evidence to do an interview under caution.

Perhaps the first step would be to do a SAR to DWP and ATOS (neither charge anything) and see what comes back.

Rubbish.

Where do you get this from, Compliance interviews is a computer picking someone at random to check there claim !

antone site team member who used to work for dwp has posted this on several occasions.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

:Compliance Interviews:

These interviews can be random checks selected by a computer or,

A check cos DWP/LA need more details about a claim or,

A check to sort some irregularity, often an undeclared change of circumstances, with a claim or,

In response to an allegation of benefit fraud, that fraud investigation aren't taking seriously without further information.

Only Fraud Investigation Services have access to bank statements etcetera. And they manage very well without Atos. An interview under caution will state that it's an 'Interview Under Caution' on the letter.

Margaret.

It is true that a Compliance interview can be the result of a fraud allegation that the DWP is not taking seriously.

But you do raise a good point, 45002, when you ask if this was an Interview Under Caution. That would suggest that the Fraud Investigation Service is involved, and they can, under some circumstances, access claimants' bank accounts. One thing's for sure, though: Atos can't do this.

Edit: Ninja'd by Margaret :-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The DWP compliance officer said that ATOS had told them i was working !!!!! as a truck driver and that ATOS could prove it as they had been checking my bank accounts ?????

If you have this in writing, it would be worth raising the matter with your MP. The simple fact that you have sight problems would (in all probability) exclude you from driving an HGV, and if Atos have been telling porkies, this needs investigating at a higher level.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

The interview was not under caution and the letter made no mention of that at all ,,,,so i am confused about what was going on ???? the DWP guy said Atos were responsible for flagging up the ''isssue'' and that they had recieved ''unspecific information'' he said that i had nothing to worry about when the interview ended ,,,,,

But I am not sur if i believe them ,,,its all a bit confusing and i am worried ,,im back to the hospital nrxt week for more treatment ,,

By the way What is a SAR????

By the way What is a SARlink3.gif????

Subject Access Request - it is a request for all personal information held in respect of your "relationship" with a company/organisation.

It would usually cost you £10.00, however, I understand that DWP and ATOS do not charge for this.

They have 40 calendar days in which to provide the information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

it sounds to me as if the person, who was using your NINo 2 years ago, is continuing to do so

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

It would usually cost you £10.00, however, I understand that DWP and ATOS do not charge for this.
No the DWP don't charge for SAR's, however they do need a bit of persuasion to part with the information.

I'm still going through the paperwork the DWP sent me last month as a result of a SAR.

Two telephone directory sizes parcels arrived, over 800 pages, most printed both sides!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I don't think ATOS has told DWP anything, It's probably the DWP causing 'mischief', why you ask yourself, because they can, for them being organized, efficient, honest does not fit in with their current objectives or policies.

The interview was not under caution and the letter made no mention of that at all ,,,,so i am confused about what was going on ???? the DWP guy said Atos were responsible for flagging up the ''isssue'' and that they had recieved ''unspecific information'' he said that i had nothing to worry about when the interview ended ,,,,,

But I am not sur if i believe them ,,,its all a bit confusing and i am worried ,,im back to the hospital nrxt week for more treatment ,,

By the way What is a SAR????

Still don't fully under stand how ATOS can say that.

Unless ATOS have carried out a medical on someone with same NI number as OP ! ATOS do a lot of other private work and not just for the dwp...

liddelljohn

May I ask how long you have been receiving benefits for and what type !

Still don't fully under stand how ATOS can say that.

Unless ATOS have carried out a medical on someone with same NI number as OP ! ATOS do a lot of other private work and not just for the dwp...

liddelljohn

May I ask how long you have been receiving benefits for and what type !

i have been on DLA with full mobility for 14 years due to severe leg and pelvic /back injury and diabetes and depression ,, i also have some sight problems that were recently improved by surgery I am 53 years old , used tp have a very good job as a senior engineer before my accident which was work related ,,, never got compensation for that as my lawyers screwed up and the employer went bust .

i have been on DLA with full mobility for 14 years due to severe leg and pelvic /back injury and diabetes and depression ,, i also have some sight problems that were recently improved by surgery I am 53 years old , used tp have a very good job as a senior engineer before my accident which was work related ,,, never got compensation for that as my lawyers screwed up and the employer went bust .

May I ask are you receiving any ofter benefits, like ESA or Incapacity benefit and how long for ?

Have the DWP sent to you ATOS for any medicals regarding any benefits claims.

it sounds to me as if the person, who was using your NINo 2 years ago, is continuing to do so

Yes, sounds like it or maybe a confused ID on Nirs.

I don't think ATOS has told DWP anything, It's probably the DWP causing 'mischief', why you ask yourself, because they can, for them being organized, efficient, honest does not fit in with their current objectives or policies.

Mischief? Do you honestly think Compliance staff have time to do that? Don't be ridiculous.

I'm guessing that liddelljohn has either misheard/misunderstood HMRC or Nirs as ATOS or the Compliance officer has said the wrong abbreviation by mistake. There's no conspiracy & the officer has nothing to gain from deliberately misleading liddelljohn.

ATOS don't even have the facility to report a potential fraud, never mind start investigating it!

Mischief? Do you honestly think Compliance staff have time to do that? Don't be ridiculous.

I'm guessing that liddelljohn has either misheard/misunderstood HMRC or Nirs as ATOS or the Compliance officer has said the wrong abbreviation by mistake. There's no conspiracy & the officer has nothing to gain from deliberately misleading liddelljohn.

ATOS don't even have the facility to report a potential fraud, never mind start investigating it!

Rubbish.

It's called a telephone or even Email to DWP....

Sure, Atos staffers can call or email. I think the point was, though, that Atos has no specific means or remit to report fraud, nor any particular interest in doing so.

As regards the general point - DWP staff don't, as Jabba Jones says, have the time or inclination to engage in vendettas or conspiracies against specific claimants. What they want to do, generally, is go to work and have as easy a day as possible, then go home and eat dinner. In other words, the same sort of thing that everyone else wants.

Hi jabba jones,

In my post I didn't specifically mention Compliance staff, I'm talking about DWP in general terms, yes the DWP spend a lot of time 'mischief making', I could use other words, but it sums them up nicely. You weren't there so you don't know what was said, it's clearly caused a lot of stress to liddelljohn, you don't have to gain anything to cause stress.

Hi antone

Are the the DWP doing a great job? That might be the wishes of DWP, but they fall short too often. All claimants want is to be treated fairly and honestly , there are too many examples of the DWP getting things wrong when it's easier to get it right.

Sure, Atos staffers can call or email. I think the point was, though, that Atos has no specific means or remit to report fraud, nor any particular interest in doing so.

As regards the general point - DWP staff don't, as Jabba Jones says, have the time or inclination to engage in vendettas or conspiracies against specific claimants. What they want to do, generally, is go to work and have as easy a day as possible, then go home and eat dinner. In other words, the same sort of thing that everyone else wants.

May I ask are you receiving any ofter benefits, like ESA or Incapacity benefit and how long for ?

Have the DWP sent to you ATOS for any medicals regarding any benefits claims.

liddelljohn,

Could you answer the above quote as per post #16, It would be extreme helpfully so CAG user can advise you !

Thank you in advance ...

Hi antone

Are the the DWP doing a great job? That might be the wishes of DWP, but they fall short too often. All claimants want is to be treated fairly and honestly , there are too many examples of the DWP getting things wrong when it's easier to get it right.

No, the DWP does a lousy job in too many cases. There are many reasons for this - shortage of staff and low morale, complex rules that change almost weekly, insufficient training on those changes, poor communications between different sections and offices, antiquated computer systems and many more. But individual staff don't generally engage in vendettas or conspiracies.

Rubbish.

It's called a telephone or even Email to DWP....

Calm down numbers.

I meant there is no internal link for ATOS to use to report a possible fraud.

They are an outside organisation & if a member of staff at ATOS wanted to report something they'd have to use the fraud hotline/website like any other member of the public.

In this case Liddelljohn has said he's had problems in the past with someone using his Nino, it sounds like this has probably happened again. Its not that uncommon & usually happens when an employer has entered a slightly incorrect Nino on their records & not down to ID fraud as many would suspect.

The fact it appears FIS have downgraded the case to Compliance (its not just a computer picking someone at random, 45002) suggests its nothing to worry about, but if Liddelljohn wants to check he can always phone the Compliance officer to clarify it & he might want to contact HMRC just to see how messed up his National Insurance record is because if someone is using his Nino this could happen every year.

:Atos and Compliance:

Yes Atos (and Capita) personnel have the same access to the benefit fraud hotline as the rest of us. But aside from that, their guidance is that such issues are for decision makers to worry about.

From the assessors handbook;

'In providing evidence to the Decision Maker, the approved HCP has to consider all of the available evidence of what the person is able to do functionally over a period of time ...... Details of work related activities currently undertaken are relevant to this consideration, as are details of other activities of daily living.

If the HCP provides advice/justification in the ESA85/S, which makes it clear that the person is carrying out some work of which the Decision Maker is unaware ......, this would be a matter for the Decision Maker to discuss with the claimant.

Given the sheer number of abbreviations and different departments within the benefits system there's unlimited potential for mistakes and misunderstandings by claimants and interviewers alike. And this case is further complicated by the possibility of a hijacked national insurance number.

Margaret.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks