Open a can of whoppass!

feistyfluxy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, I've been reading and digesting the info for a few days and feel I have the guts and the knowledge to kick ass. What I wonder is this: All of you are doing the claims via the Canada Square address, which is fine. However I'm just asking for circa 3-4 months worth of charges back, and I believe if I sent this letter to my bank manager, he will pass out in fear and refund those charges himself. It's approx. £400 in total and being an ex HSBC henchperson myself... I know they can refund it with a few clicks with the mouse.

What do you guys think? Scare the new 24 year old bank manager or send it to those who have tackled these poetic letters of justice..?

:grin:

Hey guys, I've been reading and digesting the info for a few days and feel I have the guts and the talent to kick ass. What I wonder is this: All of you are doing the claims via the Canada Square address, which is fine. However I'm just asking for circa 3-4 months worth of charges back, and I believe if I sent this letter to my bank manager, he will pass out in fear and refund those charges himself. It's approx. £500 in total and being an ex HSBC henchperson myself... I know they can refund it with a few clicks with the mouse.

What do you guys think? Scare the new 24 year old bank manager with the first template or send it to those who have tackled these poetic letters of justice..?

:grin:

I would follow the set process, I am aware that some head offices have removed the ability for the branch to refund charges.

Thanks for the reply Livelylad! And you are right - one should follow the common procedure, no point being a maverick and realising it was all in vain. It would have been mighty satisfying though. I bet that 24 year old wouldn't understand half of the words in that letter, hah!

Guest Battleaxe

Why not start the process by gentle word in the shell like ear of the the 24 year branch manager, but make sure you get a signature of receipt of the complaint in writing, to cover all bases, if you hand the letter in at the local branch, that way Junior will see you are serious. Use the template letters and do ask for your documentation under SAR this way Junior will know how serious you are. Make their lives miserable, the more work they have to do, the more concientious they will be in the future, Look on this as your part in Junior's managerial education.

Oh the other day, playing devil's advocate I stood in line at the branch and anounced in very loud voice what I was doing, I was also recorded on tape. on my way out i had two people stop me ask how to go about getting charges back and I put the rip strip in their hands.

Go for it, but remain transparent and do not do anything libellous.