Working Tax Credit Award £0

impecunious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I feel as if I'm going round in circles. Am newly self-employed (just five months), not yet able to draw a wage from a new start-up business and will only be receiving NEA of £33 pw for the next two weeks. This allowance contributes to my weekly business rental.

My only disposable income is £44 pcm (private pension). I recently made a claim for WTC - from Dec 2012 to end September 2013 I was unemployed and receiving some JSA(IB) - and have been awarded £0. I thought WTC was meant to help those working on low incomes.

In desperation, I've had to contact my local JobCentre to do a "better-off" calculation. I thought the Government promised that working would always pay over benefits?

I've used entitlement websites but there doesn't seem to be any help available. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

(Still) Impecunious!

In response to your questions:

Single claim

I work in excess of 60 hours/week

12/13 income was £13,600 ... (£1,000+ was JSA payments)

They didn't request estimated income for 13/14

Yes, awards notice stated £0 award.

No real explanation given.

Imp

The reason is your 12/13 income was too high for tax credit purposes. Threshold for a single person is £13000.

Your award notice should explain that you need to call with any changes including your income.

Give them a call with your estimated 13/14 income and they will calculate it again for you.

The reason is your 12/13 income was too high for tax credit purposes. Threshold for a single person is £13000.

Your award notice should explain that you need to call with any changes including your income.

Give them a call with your estimated 13/14 income and they will calculate it again for you.

Thank you -- will give me a call.

Imp