Failure To Notify

Riisk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, been reading a lot about these lately as my partner has just received her requestion through the post. I've written 2 letters, one to the court as we are unable to attend due to been out of the country and one to the dvla as they seem to enjoy losing our post as you will see from the information in the letter.

Anything you would change or advise? She plans on pleading not guilty.

Letter to the DVLA

Dear Patricia or to Whom it May Concern,

I am writing in response to a Requisition to attend XXX Magistrates Court at XXXXHrs on 19/03/14 to answer to the charge of "Failing to notify change of keeper" of vehicle XXX XXX.

I will be pleading "Not Guilty" to this charge as I consider I have no charge to answer.

I am now informing your self personally that I surrendered the V5 document to the vehicle XXXX XXX to the DVLA as required by law upon part-exchanging the vehicle on 25/06/2013. This was sent to the DVLA by first class post to "DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA" as instructed by section 8 of the V5 .

Also the DVLA was again informed several times after that I am no longer the keeper of this vehicle through means of:

• A new registered keeper 23/07/2013

• Informed when a speeding ticket was recieved dated after the part exchange of the car and was delived in my name and address. I filled in the relevent information and again sent by post after speaking to a call advisor.

• Informed after the notice requesting information and a payment for out of court settlement. I spoke to a DVLA call operator who advised me to send a letter as well as a form collected from the post office explaining again that the car was no longer registered to my self.

Again this information was sent via first class post via Royal Mail addressed to "DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BA"

Please feel free to contact me on the above information I am again providing. I was under the impression that this matter was dealt with after my last letter to your selfs was sent regarding the request of information and out of court settlement.

Find attached with this letter also a copy of a letter from Mr Joe Bloggs (Citroen Dealership) confirming that they took in part exchange the vehicle in question on 25/06/13.

Your Faithfully,

Letter to Court;

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writting to inform you that I have been in recept of a requisition letter from the DVLA to answer to charge of "Failing to notify change of keeper" to vehicle DV12 XXX at XXX Magistrates Court at XXXXhrs 19/03/2014.

I have been advised through ringing the court (Enquiries: 01785 275 700) to write this letter to the Administration Centre that I am unable to attend court on this date due to circumstances that I will be on holiday out of the country. The dates that I am unavaible for hearing are 18/03/2014-05/04/2014. Also XX/04/2014 due to a Universty interview.

I would also like to apologise for not been able to attend in person.

Also please find attached a copy of a letter sent to the DVLA regarding this matter. The letter was sent recorded delivery to Patricia Wolley of the DVLA Swansea Enforcment centre.

Please feel free to contact me on the adress and telephone number provided.

Yours Faithfully,

XXXXX

Going to court is a massive hassle and is going to cost enough in fuel as it's not local (45miles away) and time off work to attend, just need it sorted and forgotten about. Hiring a solicitor is also out the question due to cost.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Update for those interested. Letters were both sent on 3/3/14 and we had a reply from the DVLA 13/3/14 and they have withdrew the court case.

Going to give the court a ring on Monday to confirm this.