Harlands Admin Fee

zain0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Slick,

Sorry my fault I didn't make it clear, the gym I am planning on rejoining is the exact same one as where I cancelled my DD in March this year. This is the reason I am worried paying up front in cash and why I don't think another DD will be possible.

On another note CRS e-mailed me today with the following

"Dear Mr

Re: CRS Ref No: ******** / Fitness For Life Ref No: ********

Your account has recently been handed back to us from the Zinc Group.

We are willing to find an acceptable solution to your account, which would include a reduction to your balance, if you're in a position to settle within the next 14 days. It would also allow you access again to the gym.

Please call us on 01444 449165 so we can understand your situation and find a suitable resolution for you.

Yours sincerely,

Rob Avery

Collections Manager

Credit Resolution Services and CRS are trading styles of Harlands Services Ltd. Registered Office: : 2nd Floor, Rockwood House, 9 - 17 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath RH16 3TW. Company Registration No. 2982925. Consumer Credit License No. 526513. VAT Registration No. 799 7113 70.

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for accounts formed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006).

IMPORTANT

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it. Although efforts will have been made to ensure that this e-mail and any attachment(s) are free from software viruses you should yourself ensure that they are in fact virus-free. Please note that Harlands Services Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any loss caused by software viruses.

I think the best way to forward is to just ignore this? As I did with their letters.

Hi Zain and thanks for the explanation about you trying to re-join the same gym !!

Why not try a different approach and write to Harlands saying :-

I refer to the email of 6th October received from CRS.

The issue about missed payments was caused by the loss of my debit card. After that, you added admin charges which I was not willing to pay. You then took a DD payment which included admin charges so I recalled that payment under the DD Guarantee Scheme.

As a way forward, I am willing to commit to a new 12 month membership agreement at the xxxxxx gym. For my part, I will try to ensure that funds are in place to cover the DD payments, thereby avoiding the issue of your admin charges. However, I need your assurance that you will only take payments for the new membership and not use the new DD mandate to cover any older payments.

If you are willing to accept my offer and confirm this in writing, I will go into the gym and sign up for the new 12 month term as soon as possible.

What do you think ? :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

I think that letter is the best way forward as I would prefer to set up a DD rather than cash up front, hopefully Harlands agree to the letter! However if Harlands do not accept my offer, do you think cash upfront would be a good option?

Thanks for the template I am going to print out and send it off tomorrow, I will let you know what Harlands say!

Hi Zain,

I said before, I'd avoid the year's fee up-front because you'd probably get nothing back in the event of a need to cancel early.

Let us know what they say ..............

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi Slick,

I received[ATTACH=CONFIG]54210[/ATTACH] a response from CRS, after I sent the letter you suggested to Harlands.

I rang CRS and the person on the phone said that they would call me back. Although I rang at 4:30 and they closed at 5.

Hi Zain,

Why on earth are you calling CRS?? :tape2: Stay OFF the phone and keep everything in writing only.

It looks like Harlands are as good at dealing with simple letters as they are at managing your DD payments.

I also find it funny that Harland's Mr Rob Avery is telling you that Harlands no longer deal with this and they've handed the matter over to CRS. That'll be dealt with at the next desk then, with Rob wearing a different hat !! :lol:

If Harlands don't even have the decency to reply to your reasonable letter in post #27, I would now reply to Harlands saying :-

Dear Harlands/CRS,

I refer to your letter of 7th November and regret that you haven't bothered to reply to the specific points, raised in my letter of 7th October.

Instead, you pretend Harlands have "redirected" my letter to CRS when, in fact, the same staff work for Harlands and CRS.

I will not be taken for a fool and will ignore further communications from you.

Yours faithfully,

Harlands would do so much better if they stopped treating folk like fools, and instead treated them with a little respect.

:-)