Debt To NatWest Bank from 2009

beansdad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, bit of advice please.

Having recently received my credit file from Experian, I have noticed a default to to NatWest bank for £636, default date 30/11/2009.

I rang them this morning and found that the debt consists of £76 in charged for unauthorized overdraft. I never wanted an overdraft with them as I had financial problems at the time. I was told that I used my card several times without the money being available. Are they wrong to have allowed the purchases?

Apparently I had agreed to pay £20 per month in a telephone conversation with them in Sept. 2009.

I can appeal, but are there any phrases that I should use, and what are my realistic expectations?

Thank you in advance.

Stay OFF the phone!

Never discuss financial matters via the phone, you need to get a paper trail of evidence.

Unless you can record the phone calls then they will deny what you said, OR lie and claim you said things which you didn't, like agreeing to pay £20 a month...

This will auto drop off your credit file 6 years after they applied it.

Have you not received anything off the bank or a tame debt collector in the last 5 years?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You won't get it removed, thats the whole point of default markers.

Unless they are reporting incorrect data on your file, then it stays there for 6 years regardless whether you pay it or not.

Even if you did pay it, the default is marked as settled/satisfied but still detracts from your credit file.

You will need on average at least three years of good credit history to get credit, especially a mortgage.

That'll be the reason why you've not received anything then if you've moved twice.

Although now you've rang them and no doubt gone through their so called 'security questions' they will now have up to date info and will start to bombard you with puerile missives and calls.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!