South East Asia debt in Scandinavian Country

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I have an unsecured credit cad debt with banks in south east Asia country two years ago. I moved to Scandinavian country and living here. I made last payment two years ago. For one and half year, I had no contacts with the bank as the bank did not know where am I? But due to social network the bank traced me out and in last November I received a call on my work place . Initially I could not understand the situation and made a payment plan with the bank on telephone for repayment of the deb. After that I received a letter through e-mail containing the payment plan which I did not reply and I have not made any payment yet.

The debt amount with out any interest is 1896 GBP for credit card and 1896 GBP for ready credit. The bank has added about 1000 GBP interest to each account.

I have done some research and came to know that the south east Asian country does not have any reciprocal agreement with the country where does I live now. But that country has agreement with UK.

Here are my questions:

1)- What is the possibility that bank will chase the debt through international DCA?

2)- Is debt enforceable where I live as there is no reciprocal agreements between two countries?

3)- The south east asian country is not member of Hague convention but has agreement with UK. Can the bank come to Scandinavian country through UK?

4)-Why bank is still keeping the debt and has not sold my debt to DCA or has not taken tax relief?

5)- I understand that to chase a debt the bank must have a CCJ. Is it correct?

Thank you in advance for kind replies.

Hi ,

I have an unsecured credit cad debt with banks in south east Asia country two years ago. I moved to Scandinavian country and living here. I made last payment two years ago. For one and half year, I had no contacts with the bank as the bank did not know where am I? But due to social network the bank traced me out and in last November I received a call on my work place . Initially I could not understand the situation and made a payment plan with the bank on telephone for repayment of the deb. After that I received a letter through e-mail containing the payment plan which I did not reply and I have not made any payment yet.

The debt amount with out any interest is 1896 GBP for credit card and 1896 GBP for ready credit. The bank has added about 1000 GBP interest to each account.

I have done some research and came to know that the south east Asian country does not have any reciprocal agreement with the country where does I live now. But that country has agreement with UK.

Here are my questions:

1)- What is the possibility that bank will chase the debt through international DCA?

2)- Is debt enforceable where I live as there is no reciprocal agreements between two countries?

3)- The south east asian country is not member of Hague convention but has agreement with UK. Can the bank come to Scandinavian country through UK?

4)-Why bank is still keeping the debt and has not sold my debt to DCA or has not taken tax relief?

5)- I understand that to chase a debt the bank must have a CCJ. Is it correct?

Thank you in advance for kind replies.

There is no chance of this being enforced in the country where you are living, whether they have a court judgement in the country where the debt was incurred or not. There would need to be an agreement between the Asian country and the country in which you now resident.

You may get chased for awhile, particulary if you are on social networking sites. I would suggest that you restrict access to those sites and/or remove contact informaton. The debt will probably end up with international debt recovery companies and if they find you they will just hassle you for a few weeks, before giving up.

Remember that CAG is a forum, where members of the public volunteer to help where they can. You cannot expect a quick response every time you log in.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread