Which insurance company's don't ask for a copy of driving licence ?

darkobird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even if they did not ask when the policy was arranged, they could ask for them to be provided in the event of a claim on the policy. If they then found out that there were points on the licence they could void the insurance and you would then be liable for any sum claimed by a third party.

If you don't want to be messed around by some of the online companies who seem to make buying Insurance a hassle, you should contact a local Insurance brokers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I ask because my driving licence is in my previous address and I can't afford to change it till a months time so I don't want to take insirance out if there going to ask for a copy of licence within 14 days when I can't send mine for correction for 4 weeks then will take around 3 weeks to get back.

I ask because my driving licence is in my previous address and I can't afford to change it till a months time so I don't want to take insirance out if there going to ask for a copy of licence within 14 days when I can't send mine for correction for 4 weeks then will take around 3 weeks to get back.

I am sure an address change is free of charge. Unless you also have to update your photo as well. But if the latter is the case then if it's expired you do not have a valid license anyway until you update your photo.

I am sure an address change is free of charge. Unless you also have to update your photo as well. But if the latter is the case then if it's expired you do not have a valid license anyway until you update your photo.

Yes it is free unless you have a photocard licence, where they charge £20. Don't most people have photocard licences now ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes it is free unless you have a photocard licence, where they charge £20. Don't most people have photocard licences now ?

UB.

The only charge with a photo card license is the £20 every 10 years when your photo needs updating. Change of address is free.

Of course if you want points removed or anything like a replacement license is charged at about £20 but that's all that's charged for afaik.

The only ones that ask for a copy are the smaller no frills insurers. The big insurers have systems in place so they dont need a copy.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D