Probate and Administration of the Estate

youlsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold a house which was part of an estate and for probate purposes, there are 2 administartors of the estate. When i sold the house, i was the only one who signed the agreement with the estate agents, plus i was living there at the time (but i hope that is not relevant). Once sold, and the probate solicitor completed everything, there was all but £100 left over which came to me as i had put in all the money with other estate matters. This meant that the estate agents bill was left unpaid as there was no money left over. Now the esate agents are only after me for paying this bill.

But if there was money left over AFTER everything was paid for, it would have been split between both parties. However as there was none, and this is my question, should this DEBT be spilt between both administrators??

I don't think it's correct for me to be left with this debt and the other party seems not to be liable for anything.

I would appreciate any advice. Also please ask if anything needs to be clarified.

By the way, i am starting to pay the estate agent with monthly installements, and they have said they would be willing to write to the other administrator to ask for payments from them. Can i also do this??

did you instruct the EA on your own behalf or that of the estate?

If you made it clear this was on the estates behalf, by showing the letters of administration etc. then it is the estates debt not yours.

If there is nothing left ( why did you not keep something back, you knew there would be bill ) after distributing the monies and assets then that's it.

However they could sue, maladministration etc.

Were you a beneficiary?

There could be a case for all beneficiaries to bear this cost, but that would be up to you get it from them.