Civil Enforcement Ltd chancers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time thread poster. As registered keeper of a particular vehicle I have received a Parking Charge Notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd for aledgedly overstaying in one of their car parks. I presume the advice is no longer to ignore these idiots?

Issues I have with the notice:

1. The ticket looks very official, almost like they are trying to make you think that it's a council one (it isn't). The bit about "Civil Enforcement Ltd" is very small and only mentioned once.

2. PCN incident date listed as 04/02/14 and pcn issue date as 19/04/14, received letter on 21st or 22nd. Why leave it so long? (attempting to run the grace period down maybe?)

3. I was not the driver at the time of the alledged incident (can be proved), why are they writing to me (I assume they abused the dvla process to get my name as the keeper)? I presume I have no obligation to name the driver (no space to do so on the form anyway), and it's up to them to prove who the driver was?

4. The car was permitted to be there because my other half works in the retail park in question and the car is supposed to be on an exemption list. She has checked the list however, and it appears that the car has been removed with no warning/notification and no explaination given.

I have already phoned the number and spoke to the operator. I stated that I will not be paying the ticket. All I got in reply was that I have to appeal in writing (why bother having phone operators then?).

So, what do I do next? Ignore? Appeal in writing/email and tell them to jog on? Name the driver and then tell them that I am their appointed rep?

If you were caught byANPR then it has to arrive on your door mat 14 days from the incident date

If the dates given are correct and it was a number plate capture, then they do not know who the driver was and they are to late to chase the Keeper.

Don,t ring them.

You should appeal in writing,as The Keeper of the vehicle.

Other CAGGERS will advise you

If you were caught byANPR then it has to arrive on your door mat 14 days from the incident date

If the dates given are correct and it was a number plate capture, then they do not know who the driver was and they are to late to chase the Keeper.

Don,t ring them.

You should appeal in writing,as The Keeper of the vehicle.

Other CAGGERS will advise you

Never seen any cameras on entry/exit from the retail park (it's free to park in by the way) but it states on the form that they have photographic evidence (I'm inclined to call their bluff but they ho).

Having said that, the other half has said she can write to them through work and get it cancelled so I'm debating whether to even bother if that will be the end of it.

They have 14 days to serve the notice on you as RK and they missed that deadline by 3 days.

you can ignore them or write back saying that under PoFA they have strict deadlines for sending out their paperwork and they have missed it and therefore, as you were not the driver at the time any further communication will result in a complaint of harassment as both a civil tort and criminal offence being made against them and Mr de Beers personally.

CEL are rubbish at getting things right and so usually pass on your details to Debt Recovery Plus, who then send you some more letters.