Vodafone bolt-on without consent, can I reclaim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG

I've tried searching but no luck, apologies if there is a thread on this.

I'll try and keep this short.

My contract with vodafone came up to the end of the 24 months today. I requested cancellation 30 days ago and that's all dandy. I looked through some of my recent bills lately, and I've noticed that I've been paying £5.50 extra a month for an extra 1gb data.

Now I never actually told vodafone to add this on, I did enquire about it way before they added it on (because I was hit with heavy charges for going over my 500mb allowance) but decided not to as the value at the time wasn't very good.

So I called vodafone 2 days ago, 1 to request a PAC serial for my new PAYG sim, and 2 to enquire about the bolt on, and whether I'm entitled to my money back.

I discussed the matter with a customer care colleague, telling her I never requested this and I should be entitled to my money back (I've been paying this for about 8 months). She first said they add that one for me to stop lots of charges, then said calls are only recorded for 60 days (surely that's their problem?) so it can't be proved. I did disagree as I haven't signed a contract based on this.

She then said because my contract is being cancelled they would not be able to credit my account, and that it would need to be reinstated before they could do so. I said I have 1 more payment with them due to go out on X date, suggesting I should just cancel the Direct Debit which would just about cover it.

She agreed I should do this, I asked if they would try to take the payment as I didn't want a default, she said no, they will send me an email with a bill. I didn't get this so I had to call again, received the email later, but it's got a bill attached from November and doesn't address anything I've discussed.

So does anybody know if legally I'm entitled to my money back, and whether it would be a good idea for me to cancel the direct debit?

Thanks in advance

(sorry it wasn't very short)

We have a very good vodafone rep on this site called lee.

Follow the info in this link, and he can take a good look for you. Click here

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Np, sit tight and if lee can do anything to help you out, he will.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

I would suggest you pay the last bill. Vodafone have a habit of placing erroneous data on your credit file if a bill isn't paid and add on an admin fee when they pass it on to a debt collector (as they don't do their own debt collecting)

Not sure if you will get anything back (or at all) as if you did go over the data allowance, you had benefit of the bolt on.

You never know. Lee has a good track record so far.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE