Cabot Financial and Hitachi Nova loan

kev 123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to the site and would appreciate some advice.

Today i received a letter from Cabot Financial stating

"The Cabot credit management group has recently bought the account you held with Hitachi Nova

and we are responsible for answering your queries and receiving payments.

According to our records you currently owe £ 13,323.22

Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options for repaying your account.

We are aware that an agreed Repayment Plan was in place on your account for £50 per month.

Cabot is willing to continue with this plan as long as you continue to make the agreed monthly payments directly to us."

The history is

i have held the account with Hitachi for 2 years never missed a payment,

i subsequently had an accident and was unable to work,

i came to the agreement with Hitachi 6 months ago

now out of the blue this letter drops on my doorstep.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them a cca request. The oc has sold the debt to cabot as they wouldn't get the money from you for a long time.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Cabot rarely deal with enforceable debts. Thats not to say they dont, but you would be very wise to get the full facts of the debt first. Did you ever contest the amount with the OC? Any chance you can give us more background on the debt?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I have not contested the amount as i took a £15k unsecured personal loan out with SAVI(Hitachi) 2 years ago as a already had a personal loan with them which i have subsequently paid off they where more than willing to supply me with the loan.

CCA request in the post

I have not contested the amount as i took a £15000 unsecured personal loan out with SAVI(Hitachi) 2 years ago as a already had a personal loan with them which i have subsequently paid off they where more than willing to supply me with the loan.

But did you actually check that it was enforceable? I know it is a very recent debt, but for them to sell it at a loss, and not take you to court themselves makes me wonder if there is something dodgy with the debt. Especially since cabot now own it.

Hi, I am new to the site and would appreciate some advice.

Today i received a letter from Cabot Financial stating " The Cabot credit management group has recently bought the account you held with Hitachi Nova and we are responsible for answering your queries and receiving payments.

According to our records you currently owe £ 13,323.22 Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options for repaying your account.

We are aware that an agreed Repayment Plan was in place on your account for £50 per month. Cabot is willing to continue with this plan as long as you continue to make the agreed monthly payments directly to us."

The history is i have held the account with Hitachi for 2 years never missed a payment, i subsequently had an accident and was unable to work, i came to the agreement with Hitachi 6 months ago now out of the blue this letter drops on my doorstep.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

You state you had an accident. Did you have PPI on this loan?

Not missed a payment, why would they sell it to a DCA then?

hitachi credit?

how old is this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did not have PPI on the loan, and did not check if it was enforceable

when i say i have not missed a payment,

after my accident i came to an agreement to pay them £50 a month until i was back at work and on full pay.

The loan was all arranged by phone and come to think about it i can't recall signing any agreement.

Thats just it i can't understand why they have sold the debt on.

From your info it sounds like a lack of paperwork that they would need to enforce the debt in court. Lets see what the CCA comes back with.

• Confused 1

Just remember, it might all be legit. The cca letter is simply the first step to checking.

I have not contested the amount as i took a £15000 unsecured personal loan out with SAVI(Hitachi) 2 years ago as a already had a personal loan with them which i have subsequently paid off they where more than willing to supply me with the loan.

When was the original personal loan taken out?

Hi all,Just had a reply regarding the CCA it reads.

Thank you for your request for information under the CCA Cabot Financial currently does not have this information on file.

However, we have requested the information under section 77 and/or78 of the Consumer Act 1974 from the original letter.

We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 40 days.

In the event we are unlikely to provide this information within those time limits,

we will write to you again.

If you have any queries about your account please call one of our advisors.

usual crap from them!

they have 12+2 WORKING days ...end of!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then they cant enforce it in court.

Theyve already admitted to you that they dont hold the correct paperwork to enforce the debt.

So until they provide it,

ignore and dont pay them a penny.

Once the 12+2 expires,

fire off the in dispute letter and move on with your life.

Like we've always said,

if cabot have owner ship of an alleged debt this large,

then it is very very likely no correct paperwork exists for it.

Not even a reconstituted agreement.

Youve called their bluff,

theyve admitted it,

but STILL have ignored the rules and guidelines.

Its time to breathe a sigh of relief :)

One other word of warning, Cabot will also try and contact you with random questions. This is in hopes you give them info for them to create an agreement themselves. This is not allowed and you need to be careful you dont fall for it.

They use a ton of different numbers in hopes you slip up and answer one of them. They sometimes use skype or voip so they can generate a local number.

IMHO I would be applying belt and braces approach here.

get an sar off to Hitachi .

you need to discover why they sold it on.

the sar should enlighten the reason.

no to alarm you but....

if they ever did find the signed agreement.

i'd not put it passed cabot to issue a claim without any further comms.

just to be clear too....

NEVE EVER ignore a claimform or an statutory demand.k

the rest of the crap you'll get can be ignored.

they wont give up on a debt this large

dx

and they