Next steps? Still chasing despite providing unsigned agreement

monkeybaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have looked all over including on the forums and not been able to find an answer to this particular question,

Some years ago I followed the advice on here regarding a pre-2007 catalogue debt.

I requested the credit agreeement which was provided to me and it was unsigned.

I assumed this was the end of it as I stopped receiving letters

and then since moved house however the letters have now started up again

I have scanned copies of my original letter their reply and the unsigned agreement to send to them

but I am completely stuck on the wording of this in terms of what I am actually asking them to do?

Am I asking to acknowledge that the debt is unenforceable and therefore want written confirmation that the debt will be removed from my credit file?

Unsure of wording and what the next steps might be, any help greatly appreciated!!!

Monkey baby :eek:

Hi

Just because a creditor has no enforceable agreement does not mean that they cannot chase you for it. It just means they would have great difficulty enforcing the debt through the courts.

The debt still exists and the creditor can pass it on to whomever they please and let the new creditor have a go.

You could send them a CCA fail letter (obviously adapted to suit the circumstances)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405830-Letter-for-a-Failed-CCA-Request

As for removing the default. Don't hold your breath. On the assumption the dates and amounts are accurate then it will stay there for the life of the default.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE