Royal Mail - no access procedures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Local postie has a regular problem with getting into my block of flats as they have no keys and sometimes there is no one in 6 flats to open the door for him. When unable to deliver, local postie writes on the envelope "No Access + date", then redelivers when next able to enter.

Royal Mail did not deliver a letter from the council on time to me for the aforementioned reason and due to Christmas time delays, therefore I was unable to provide the documents that the council requested by the deadline and now my benefits have been stopped. I appealed against the decision mentioning how the Royal Mail operated at my address, but the council rejected it saying "it is not the usual procedure how Royal Mail operates".

My inkling is that the council employee is making it up, but to be on the safe side - are there any "official procedures" for postmen when unable to access?

SiB

are there any "official procedures" for postmen when unable to access ?

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/what-happens-if-you-cant-deliver-something

Reasons why we couldn’t deliver your mail:

• there's a security system at the delivery address which stopped us from gaining access. If you need to make special access arrangements for deliveries to avoid this happening, give us a call on 08457 740 740.

If you need written conformation regarding access to your letter box from Royal Mail, I'd suggest contacting your local delivery office - Each postal round has a series of notes for "problem" addresses, this could be a vicious dog, or as in your case, difficult access. Ask for a copy of the notes for your address on headed paper.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you all.

Yes, it is a desperate LA, indeed.

I gather from the link provided by Mr. P. that Royal Mail will keep the letter for 18 days before returning it to the sender. This, plus time allowed for the delivery of a 2nd class letter makes the LA's request to provide documents within a week(!) a tad unrealistic...

I will be talking to Royal Mail first thing tomorrow.

SiB

Is there no trades access system if not the management company of landlord of the flats should provide a letter plate to the main door.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: