MKDP have changed Default date on sold welcome debt

Flyboy583
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had a debt with welcome that went status barred on 21 December 2013.

The welcome finance was under – closed accounts” on Noddle and have since disappeared off my file.

MKDP did the same to me as you suvvers.

The default date is set to 1/1/2010. I am assuming this is when they bought the debt.

I am also going to report this to noddle, but was wondering how you worded your complaint to them?

Would you mind sharing how you approached this matter?

Kind Regards

FB

Update to this:

I sent a dispute to Noddle and they have investigated it and

agree that the entry should be removed and

have informed me that when my credit reference is available for me to view next month it shouldn't be there.

Without looking, I expect that this entry will be on my credit reports from Experian and Equifax as well.

Quick question regarding this bit..

..would it be better to write to MKDP to tell them to remove it from all CRAs or to send disputes to the CRAs individually?

Further update:

Raven Recoveries are still chasing me for this and I have duly sent them a SB letter today.

However, I received a letter from a company called Keynes Collections

- a company which I've not heard of previously

but which miraculously has the same address as MKDP and Raven Recoveries (funny how I'm not surprised by this eh?).

This letter carries the header "Notice Of Intended Legal Action" and says that they've been assigned by MKDP to collect this outstanding debt

(hang on didn't they pass it on to Raven?).

They are saying that if I don't respond with a payment plan within 14 days

they are going to take me to court.

Should I be on the safe side and send a statute barred letter to MKDP and Keynes Collections as well as Raven?

Steve

this is all I wrote in my dispute to noddle:

"The name on this account is a debt collector which the original lender sold the debt on to

- the actual date of default was in 2006 not 2010 as the entry suggests."

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve, you are a star thanks. I have send of fthe dispute on Noddle. Will keep you posted!

Kind Regards

FB

dx.....

SAR letter is printed and just waiting for me to get a postal order and get it in the post. The letter didn't actually say they ARE going to take me to court...just threatened "further action" which I would expect would just be more letters.

flyboy.....

this is all I wrote in my dispute to noddle:

"The name on this account is a debt collector which the original lender sold the debt on to - the actual date of default was in 2006 not 2010 as the entry suggests."

Hope this helps.

Steve

own thread created

get an sar off to welcome too.

are you SURE this is not the updated date?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey DX,

Thanks for your help and creating my own thread. Appreciated!

Ill get a SAR off to Welcome.

Im not sure what date you are referiing to?

All I can tell you is that when the Welcome debt was on my credit file it was under closed accounts. I looked at the default date and it was 21 December 2007, so the 6 years was up on 21 December 2013. On January I checked my fikle again and Welcome has deissapeared (as expected).

The degfault date of MKDP and Welcome was not the same. MKDP stated the default as 2010 (cant remeber the exact date now) The start date of the account was the same as what Welcome had under its records, just the default date was different.

Hope that helps?

Rgds

FB

own thread created

get an sar off to welcome too.

are you SURE this is not the updated date?

dx

Is this on CRA files now? With a default date in 2007 this should have been removed paid or not. MKDP cannot enter the same debt again.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier,

This is exactly what happened. The debt was entered for a second time by MKDP with a different default date. I have reported it to Noddle, however I am sure it will be reflected on my other credit files aswell (experian ect)

Is this on CRA files now? With a default date in 2007 this should have been removed paid or not. MKDP cannot enter the same debt again.

Ok, this is a serious no no, would you like me to draft a letter for you?

Noddles data is 2nd hand via Call Credit and not always reliable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

This is so bad a complaint to Rajiv Puri Legal & Compliance Director the Compello Group UK is needed.

Thanks Brigadier, you are a star. I have just used checkmyfile.com and same story there, nothing for Welcome, just MKDP. The start date of the account is is November 2006, but there is no monthly data untill January 2010 when the first entry is default. This also ties in with the default date of 1 January 2010..

Will draft letter after lunch!

Ok:

Private & Confidential

Rajiv Puri

Compliance & Legal Director

The Compello Group

Use the address on their letters.

Date:..............:

Ref: use theirs if you have one.

Re: Misuse of Credit Reference Agency Files:

Formal Complaint,

Dear Mr Puri,

I write to complain about the conduct of MKDP LLP in regard to an alleged debt originating from an account with Welcome Finance Ltd. Please take note no part of this communication is an admission of liability to any company of the Compello Group.

The history is that the alleged debt was defaulted by the original creditor Welcome Finance Ltd., on 21/12/2007 consequently this entry was removed from credit files on the 6th anniversary of that date as is required.

I discovered on rechecking my credit reference file that MKDP LLP has seen fit to report the alleged debt with a default date in 2010 (I enclose copies of credit reference files for clarification) as serious misuse and manipulation of the data.

I am aware that some members of the "debt collection industry" attempt to claim that it is possible to place a new default at the date they acquire a debt, this is of course totally wrong!

I am sure Compello/MKDP LLP must be fully aware that such manipulation of credit reference file data is a serious matter which must result in a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office and the FCA.

I require that Compello/ MKDP LLP now removes the data from all credit reference agency files to which it has reported the manipulated data immediately and to confirm in writing that it has done so.

I consider this conduct cannot be explained away as a "clerical error" as the time span between the dates is too wide, the reporting of such incorrect data is as you will be aware damaging to my credit profile and Compello/MKDP LLP must now consider financial redress in regard to its conduct in this matter.

This is a formal complaint allowing 56 days for investigation and response, however I consider that this matter should be dealt with more promptly.

Send by recorded /signed for post and check delivery.

Excellent! I shall do so shortly and update this thread with any future updates.

Thank you very much!

Kindest Regards.

FB

Happy to help!