G24 parking charge notices received **Won at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RE your #14 "appeal to land owner" . You could speak to the retailer, they might be able to help.

Best wait for new instructions from ericsbrother or other legal CAGGERS

Shame you posted that letter.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I can get photos tomorrow or at the weekend. I tried this evening but had problems with the lack of light(!) There is a single notice several yards away from the entrance saying free parking up to 90 minutes and charges apply thereafter and referring to more detailed info elsewhere on site. It's not ideally located but it's difficult to argue that it's not apparent. There's one sign providing more detailed info, including the £100 charge after 90 mins.

Have you no flash on your camera/phone?

The signage you have described is a contractual charge. Is there a facility to pay the £100 if you want to stay more than 90mins?

The wording of the sign is important.

What exactly did you write in your letter to G24?

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAGicon in the title

i'e Default notice DDicon-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have you no flash on your camera/phone?

The signage you have described is a contractual charge. Is there a facility to pay the £100 if you want to stay more than 90mins?

The wording of the sign is important.

What exactly did you write in your letter to G24?

The flash didn't work - battery too low, I suspect. I'll try again. There is no facility at all to pay the additional charge. My letter said: "Dear Sir, Contractual parking charge noticesI have received your invoices with the above references. In order to succeed with your claims, you will need to prove the identity of the drivers of the vehicle on each occasion. I request that you provide me with the evidence that you have. Yours faithfully,"

Hi - Here are the pix of the signs. Do they tell us anything useful? Incidentally, the letter from G24 is entitled "Contractual Parking Charge Notice" so I think we're in the territory of claiming unfair terms rather than refuting "damages". I'll have a go at posting the letter here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49257[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49256[/ATTACH]

pencil.png

I might be misreading it but they dont say what the terms are so therefore no contract can be properly formed. Your jpg of the notice to keeper is too small to read, can you tell us what the text says?

Charge cannot be a contractual charge as there isnt a contract so what does the £100 represent if it isnt a breach of contract or an agreed charge? I'm not sure waht POPLA will make of that but I am fairly certain that any attempt to recover money via a court claim will be shot down on this point, not to mention all the usual proof of loss arguments..

by saying that they will add another £60 if they pass it over to a debt recovery company they are including a penalty clause in the supposed contract. that is a no-no.

By claiming unfair terms to POPLA you are risking them deciding in the parking co's favour. By all means use the £60 penalty a an unfair term as well as going for proof of entitlement to claim and genuine pre-estimate of loss and check on other cases that have been through the courts to see what the judges thought as the exact wording of the signs differentiate between a breach of contract and a contractual term. They also mention parking without permission, which is trespass and that is down to landlord, they cannot claim. A real mixed up signage.

Respond to parking co with unfair contract clauses and point out the £60 penalty and the trespass bit and when they reject your appela to them go for everything at POPLA

NTK PDFs re-attached. The on-site signs say "If your vehicle remains on-site for more than the free stay period you agree to pay a £100 parking charge" etc. Please let me know if the images are still no good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49291[/ATTACH]

Edited by citizenB

Intriguing stuff! I'm having trouble getting my head around this "parking without permission" point. Are we saying that, if I have accepted the terms, I have "permission" to park and, if I have not accepted the terms, I do not have "permission" to park and, having not accepted the terms, there can be no contract? In that case, the notice is saying that I agree to the vehicle owner being issued with a parking charge notice but are we saying that that notice is not backed up by any contract because the contract in the site notice is about parking "with permission" rather than "without permission". If anyone can unravel this, I'd be quite fascinated!

Incidentally, do the various dodgy conditions in the notice (£2.50 additional charge, £60 additional charge) actually make the whole "contract" unenforceable? If so, is that by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms legislation?

Dont take it too seriously at this point, you have to send your letter of appeal to them and they will undoubtedly reject this. You can then appeal to POPLA who can make some sense of it as they are lawyers. It is all part of a strange game so just get the thing started and everything will fall into place.

G24 victim, Can you post up the other ticket you got as well because I think there maybe another error.

You need to edit the first letter you put up #36 (site team notified )

I have edited it out for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Attachment in post #44 has been unapproved for now.

Please hide the rear number plate on the pic and the Reg No which is written on line 1 of the writing to the left of the pic. Put it back up in another post.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You don't want to be posting this lot a cheque.... Best move you made was "destroying it".

So thats the first letter edited . Can you re submit the 2nd letter? Scrub that..... It's been done...

Cheers F16

The main question that never gets answered by the parking companies is what right do they have to issue such demands. they claim a contract with the landowner but this is usually flawed and doesnt answer the old question of losses caused by your overstay or trespass.

Now you just wait to see what they say next.