Amazon Marketplace Rights

mau_juaquez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

We bought a 7" tablet from Amazon in October via a trader on the marketplace.

This was advertised with a 2yr warranty.

The tablet no longer charges so we contacted the seller who provided no response. We gave them 3 days and contacted Amazon.

They have left a message with the trader but currently no response. We have tried contacting the manufacturer direct (Leliktec) but no response, they only have an online enquiry form.

I was just wondering what our options are as we have faulty goods but outside the Amazon 90 day guarantee.

Ideally looking for a refund but a warranty repair as a minimum, unfortunately we have no where else to go so just wondering what our rights are and what Amazons responsibility is in cases like this? Currently stuck with a faulty item.

Many thanks

Hi,

How long have you had the tablet?

Is it still for sale on Amazon? If so can you find and post a link so that we can review it.

A warranty is in addition to your statutory rights under SoGA and although getting a full refund is unlikely, you may get a partial refund.

Have you queried with Amazon?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi there,

Thanks for the response, we bought it early October and has just gone out of the 90 day guarantee protection. Link here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IMPROVED-Dual-Camera-Capacitive-accelerator/dp/B00F625MVO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1391937225&sr=8-4&keywords=leliktec

Havent queried with Amazon, just contacted them to try and get some assistance. I am just after finding out what our rights are before I phone them and quote all the relevant acts to them.

Note the listing was with a different trader (OVI Trade). This is a link to the seller: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&orderID=202-0408512-1308307&seller=A1VPLF3EHSVKQ2

Regards

Matt

The Sale of Goods Act states that any goods that become faulty within the first 6 months of purchase will be assumed that the fault was there from manufacture. After 6 months, it is down to the buyer to prove it was faulty from manufacture,

As the tab is less than 6 months, the seller (NOT the manufacturer) is responsible. If the seller won't respond, you could try a chargeback with your bank on the assumption you paid by either credit or certain debit cards

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE