Friend has had notification of court proceedings from Barclays / Woolwich Mortgages / TLT Solicitors

IamPhil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The repayment of arrears can be agreed over a "reasonable" period. The court will decide what is reasonable.

:)

Thankfully the affairs as regards my friends situation, the bank and the court seem to have been sorted.

I just wanted to see if anyone had come to arrangement with woolwich barclays where payment of arrears had been over 5 years :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update.

My friend paid all the arrears and a LTR for 12 month was put in place.

Immediately one is not in litigation different departments deal with different aspects of the business. Being mindful of that I called theses 'other' departments at the bank to ENSURE the matter of the extension of the mortgage term.

It was as complex as this.

1. I called the 'lets call it extended mortgage department' (I spent no time waiting for it to be answered, for a change).
  2. I gave the mortgage account number and went through security.
  3. I said was calling about 14 year extension, to 25 years. 'I see you account is clear and not in arrears, that should be no problem' I was told.
  4. Within 5 minutes, the extension matter was set for process and actioning. 'If there are any problems (which I can not see) I will call you tomorrow, apart from that you [my friend] will have the paperwork for reduced mortgage payments (from £390 to £275) in the next couple of days.'.'The payments to take effect from next month.'.
  5. DONE.

ps. ref point 4. - no call today :)

My friend made the same call over year ago, and I am told a for very long protracted period, going through X and Y (Z and this and that). The bank staff member determined that, as my friend had a made a late payment once my friend was ineligible for any extension/remortgage. I have seen notations for that call, 13th March 2013.. (after that my friend saw the banks own financial adviser, applied his advice and ...blah blah ... it got to the stage where my friend was in court.).

It is VERY frustrating to know NOW that, the call my friend made a year ago SHOULD have gone like the call I made yesterday. My friend would have been paying £115 (or a slightly more with 12 months more to pay) less for their mortgage, £20 less for another mortgage related account that they have (again NOW) automatically reset to a lower amount (as my friend was paying more than they should be!!!). That would have meant a 'saving' of at least £1,500 in the last year (which is at least 3 months mortgage & associated accounts payments), no arrears, court stress, no court fees, etc.

Frustration solves nothing though.

I heard my friend laugh freely today, I have not heard them laugh freely in months, 2 weeks ago that same friend nearly attended an appointment to sign up for an estate agent to sell their house.

So with that in mind I smile and thank you, one and all, for all you help, for direction and advice (and then some). Words can seem quite ineffectual, however I truly mean it when I say THANK YOU :)

Phil

IamPhil, I've been "Watching" you thread... This is a "good result"... For You, Your friend and the CAG advice crew.

I know what you are saying about your friend "laughing freely". Glad it's all "Water under the bridge"

Good luck. F16

Hi IamPhil,

Looks like you've got the result you wanted.

Out of interest, are there any mortgage arrears (penalty) fees that you can reclaim to reduce the balance owed on the a/c.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi IamPhil,

Looks like you've got the result you wanted.

Out of interest, are there any mortgage arrears (penalty) fees that you can reclaim to reduce the balance owed on the a/c.

:)

Yes, there are some charges/fees that my friend is set to reclaim. My friend is going to do this after the paperwork arrives for the much reduced mortgage (due in the next couple of days).

Noted and you could start a new thread to deal with the reclaim issue.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)