Virgin Media - A Poor excuse for a business

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Friend noticed a d/d going out of her account the other day which she knew nothing about, turns out virgin have been taking £23 every month since 2012 (£340 pounds worth).

the bank refunded the money (yes i know, what a shock) contacted virgin who say that the phone was sent out but was returned in 3 days but the contract remained. (perhaps they have moved from Telephony to Telepathy).

Usual promises were made i.e. money already refunded to the bank so A/C will be cancelled. 31st December letter comes to say a/c is 360 in arrears. We repeat the whole process of speaking to Bransons Boneheads and the same promises made with assurance that this time it WILL happen.

27th Jan another letter - this time the balance is now £390 in arrears and my friend is threatened with bad cred ref and dca's,- we go back to Bransons Boneheads and follow the whole process again, again the same promises this time we ask for a letter confirming nothing is owed and they say that they have no method to send out a conf letter, We also ask about compensation and the guy says there is no method available to compensate as their is no account to credit it to.

I send an email on her behalf to the complaints team who return an email saying that we must call 789 on the virgin mobile (that we do not have) or log in to the account (that we know nothing about) online so that we can clear the security questions.

What a bunch of idiots

Complaint to OFCOM i think

Do they have to pay for complaints to OFCOM

Is this Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile?

You cannot complain to Ofcom, your complaint would go to their "alternative dispute resolution" (a qango)

Virgin's complaints code is located HERE

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It is virgin mobile but their email says virgin media, to be honest they were so thick i wouldnt be surprised if they dont know who they are :???:

complaint to CISAS then.

a quango ????

qango = quasi autonomous non governmental organization

(aka something privatised that does the job of a government body but is really a toothless organisation)

The up side for trying them is free to you.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar