Carter/lowells Claimform for old Co-oP credit card

Tim-S
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no

go do some reading around

and stop panicking

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is easy to get confused , but no a SAR is a SUBJECT (i.e you) request.

You are asking for what they hold on you .

On another site i have someone worried about a CCA resetting the clock but they are being given rubbish advice about sending various letters. makes my blood boil

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

typically on noddle you have

status history

balance history

limit history

statement balance

payment amount

each has a tiny blue arrow

look for it and click it

This sometimes can be viewed when you go to print preview it gives the whole story, I found this out when this happened to me, no harm in trying, but don't print it off just view, then you see most of the missing stuff.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

So, i ignored the letter and recieved another letter today from Bryan Carter, reading:

Date: 27th Feb 2014

Our Client: Lowell Financial Limited.

Account: XX

Dear XX,

As you have failed to make repayments on the above account we have now issued litigation proceedings in the County Court. You will receive the claim for in the next 48 hours direct from the court.

The claim form will show the following items have been added to the debt:

Principal balance: £1104.89

Interest: £79.71

Court Fees: £70.00

Solicitor costs: £55.00

Outstanding balance to pay now: £1104.89

You can telephone us to discuss this matter.

Please note that the claim includes the additional items set out above which Lowell Financial Limited is entitled to recover. A proportion of any payment may be allocated to your

principal balance with the remainder being allocated to fees, costs and interest (if applicable). The principal balance only will be reflected on your credit file with the credit reference agencies.

If Judgement is entered against you and remains unsatisfied it will remain on the Judgement Register for six years and you may have difficulty in obtaining furter credit.

Yours Sincerely.

Carter issues claims no matter the validity of the debt. Once he recieves your defence, he basically throws it back to lowells and says " you deal with it, i want nothing to do with it now".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

nows the time to send the a CCA request to him.

whats the due date of your sar from the co-op?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's ok on the cca get it off now

so no sar to co-op on route then?

dx

and they

get that sar off too then

dx

and they

get that sar off too then

dx

So the court letter should arrive Tuesday?

I'll be back when it does.

Probably not relevant, but now it's at this stage, will it go to court, or can they still back down and pass it to back to Lowell?

This I assume will also affect the SB clock?

Carter will always back down when you file a defense. He's a muppet for hire and love the easy route instead of the hard one. Even when the claim is issued, you still have a fair amount of time to do things, just make sure you stick to the timeframes.

With regards to the SB clock, yes. When a claim is issued, it over rides the SB clock, unless the debt was already SB.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Carter will always back down when you file a defense. He's a muppet for hire and love the easy route instead of the hard one. Even when the claim is issued, you still have a fair amount of time to do things, just make sure you stick to the timeframes.

With regards to the SB clock, yes. When a claim is issued, it over rides the SB clock, unless the debt was already SB.

So my defence is the CCA?

It was 5 years into it.

So if he backs down it will go back to Lowell and possibly be passed around again?

And it will do this until it's satisfied?

Deal with things one at a time. IF a claim is issued there are still a lot of things to be done by both sides. Which is why youve been advised to get the cca and sar off.

Deal with things one at a time. IF a claim is issued there are still a lot of things to be done by both sides. Which is why youve been advised to get the cca and sar off.

The SAR goes to the co-op.

Does the CCA go to carter or lowell?

send it to lowells

carter will as usual simply ignore it

dx

and they

Hi Tim

It is a shame that you didn't send the CCA off before but please do not ignore any letters you get now.

Just to give you an idea from when you receive the claim you will have 14 days to acknowledge it, another 14 days to get a defence together and if lowells can not provide the documents straight away some more time. The exact time will depend on the date of the claim.

Get that CCA off Monday and when you get the claim there will be other documents you can ask for but we will need to see the particulars of claim.

As soon as the claim form arrives, can you please let us know the date of issue on the claim - top right hand corner of it. And also let us know exactly what it says on the form.. eg, the reason they have issued the claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you established when the last payment was made to the account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Tim

It is a shame that you didn't send the CCA off before but please do not ignore any letters you get now.

Just to give you an idea from when you receive the claim you will have 14 days to acknowledge it, another 14 days to get a defence together and if lowells can not provide the documents straight away some more time. The exact time will depend on the date of the claim.

Get that CCA off Monday and when you get the claim there will be other documents you can ask for but we will need to see the particulars of claim.

OK. I have just typed out the SAR and CCA.

Headed the CCA with "I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you claim to represent"

I'll get them both out tomorrow first class recorded.

OK. I have just typed out the SAR and CCA.

Headed the CCA with "I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you claim to represent"

I'll get them both out tomorrow first class recorded.

Good boy ! Woof woof lol