SORN Your Vehicle - SORN Declaration Online - beware web site [problem]!

topcat1802
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last night I was looking for how to SORN my car, and I entered this as the search term on Google. It was interesting the see the results, the first result returned was entitled

SORN Your Vehicle - SORN Declaration Online

Its a paid for advert so comes at the top of the search results!

The website is even called www.v5c.uk.com

They have even used the same colours as the official Gov.UK web pages, of course its our old friends Caviat Viator Ltd again.

The DVLA one is a bit further down the page.

I thought I would follow the links and see where it lead me, so I entered some made up details, until I got to the page asking for payment - the cheeky ****ers are asking for £60 to submit the SORN details for you, for something that is FREE if you do it yourself through the correct website.

Needless to say I went to the correct website

https://www.gov.uk/register-sorn-statutory-off-road-notification

Check and see if it states its not the official site. It must state it clearly and not be hidden.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Whilst we all know that the DVLA are a bunch of lying, useless no-name -nothings, whenever I have done anything on line on their website (re-tax - SORN etc) it has always worked perfectly and quickly

Moral is of course ONLY use the official site, and print things off