style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please Help.

I sold my soul to the devil 4 yrs ago when I purchased a Tumble Dryer from Perfect Home!!

Believe me I was under no illusion as to their sky high interest rates ect

but I had no other alternative as couldn't afford to buy one outright.

Since then I have had 5 agreements with them (2 have been paid 3 ongoing).

My problem is this:

A month before Xmas my cooker broke so having no alternative I once again turned to Perfect Home.

All was ok until I missed a payment last week!

My weekly repayments are £42 so I now owe £104!

This being 2 wks payments Plus £5 late fees

( I have not been informed that the late fees had gone up!!)

I cannot afford to pay this all at once so

offered to pay £60 today and get my account up to date next week.

The man I spoke to said they couldn't do that as they had a new manager and a change of policy??!

I spoke to said manager who said they could only take payment in full!

Can they do this?

He has threatened me with taking my goods so I told him to take me to court and he put the phone down!

If anyone can help/advise i would be very grateful

Late fees are unlawful. Dont pay them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have just had man at window (wouldn't open the door) asking if i could ask friends or family to lend me the money!!!

I haven't (and wouldn't anyway) he said if I didn,t pay full amount today they would be at my door everyday nxt

wk by which point debt would have risen to £164!! Am seriously stressing:x

What the PH rep has done is in breach of OFT guidelines - they cannot advise or pressure you into borrowing money from other sources in order to pay their accoutns.

The further action of advising that they would continue to harrass/intimidate until such times as you pay up - may well be a matter for the police. This is the type of action we would expect from loan sharks !!

We do have PH representatives on the forum, although I doubt they will be able to advise in any meaningful way. We have other similar distressing stories so obviously the company culture is not changing in anyway.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They are not entitled to refuse to take a payment from you.

They are required to mitigate any losses by accepting payments when they are available. This does not mean that by accepting a part payment that they are accepting the fact that you are in arrears - they can still go on to take action - but they are not allowed to maintain the debt at a high level when you are trying to reduce it.

You need to get it all down in writing.

Send them a cheque with a covering letter listing out what has happened and that you have made attempts to reduce the debt and that they have refused. Point out that they have a duty to mitigate their loss and if they want to take you to court then you will explain all of that to the court.

Take a copy of the cheque as well as the letter you send.

Also - send a separate letter pointing out that you are being hassled by them by their visits. Descibe in detail what was said by their rep and tell them that you will bring it to the attention of the court if they sue and in any even you will complain to the OFT.

In future, you should record on visits on video.

Keep paying the money. Don't stop. If they refuse it then make sure that your attempted payment - and their refusal is all put down in writing and that they get a copy.

Don't do things on the phone.

Then make sure that afterwards you log that attempt in writing and include it in your letter.

If it comes to putting it all before a judge, he won't be pleased.

Unfortunately, they won't sue you. They will simply make your life a misery before handing it over to a DCA who will take their turn to make your life a misery. These people are boorish.

Next time they come to the door if you have a camarer on your phone record them , you can also phone the police telling them you have a intruder on your premises.They are not aloud to do this.You need to start and claim back a unlawful charges and any insurance they have sold you.

don't forget to reclaim the insurance too!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, so have just spoken to Perfect Homes and offered to pay £80 today and get account up to date nxt week

(I borrowed £20 off my daughter). Payment still refused!! However when I stated that then I have no choice

but to send a cheque with a cover letter in the post (a copy being made as prove that payment was attempted)

he said he d speak to his manager.

Just been phoned back and told payment still not accepted. However I have been told that can pay nxt Saturday

(1st Feb) by then my arrears will be £146 but no late payment fees will be incurred because no payment was made today

(how nice of them!) Also been told that I won t have any house calls as long as i speak to them on the phone on Wednesday

so hopefully will be resolved next week. I'm also interested in reclaiming OSC, can anyone inform me on how to go about this.

Thanks All.

Good to see they are openly admitting to breaking the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'm also interested in reclaiming OSC, can anyone inform me on how to go about this.

Thanks All.

You need to have a list of all the OSC payments you have made. I will ask dx100uk what spread sheet you need to enter them on, you then simply enclose the spread sheet and a covering letter requesting all the payments back. The spread sheet will automatically add the payments up and add the interest due.

BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

[ATTACH]34010[/ATTACH]

This is the spread sheet you need to download in cell d 15 you need to put the interest rate they are charging you.

Just yell if you need any help

BCOBS

Take control don't agree to any thing on the phone if you cart afford to pay , they will try a bully you if they do just put the phone down, they cart take your stuff from your house they my say they can . Tell then you want a brake down of what you owe them , then you can start to 're claim all unlawful charges you can tell them your intentions on the phone ,if you can record the call then do so.

If that idiot comes calling again, record him on your phone. Make sure you clearly tell him " Please leave now or i will call the police". See what his response is to that. Remember, if he issues threats, you can then take court action against PH and against the idiot personally.

• 6 months later...

I will b 2 wks in arrears with PH come close of business tomorrow.

Spoke to them again today and

said i could pay up to date on 30th August...

..Was told they would b around to collect my items (3) nxt wk.

I told the woman they were not allowed without a court order and

she said they were allowed to take bk the most recent agreement (a cooker taken out last November) without one..

... Is this correct?

nope

they are not bailiffs and never ever can or will be.

usual rubbish that they have told us here

time and time again that they would 'retrain' their staff that say this.

bet you've their useless ';compulsory' insurance...

you do know you can reclaim ALL OF IT YOU have PAID>

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not really, they have no right to enter your home, just dont answer the door to them, if you have the means maybe record what they say if they do come to your home?

Someone with more experiance will be along later to help you :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am a perfect home customer who has got into arrears with my account over the past month.

Although i have paid up to date now

i am seriously concerned that they refuse to take a part payment to reduce the debt

or come up with a repayment plan to help the customer get back on track.

Spoke to the temple finance guy who came out to see me recently and

he said as the goods are HP they cannot accept part payment:|

this seems nonsense to me.

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

utter bowlarks

pay them by internet bank transfer they can't refuse that way.

not got their insurance to reclaim have you?

dx

and they

three threads merged

please keep to one thread per debt

dx

and they