Does my Landlord's daughter have a right of access?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently going through a rough time with my Landlord (LL). I've had to resort to getting the local council to force her to do work on my property. As part of this they arranged in writing for my LL, her husband and a builder to look around. On the day she turns up with her daughter in tow, I say she can't come in as I was not notified about her visiting. She forces her way in and wont leave despite repeated requests to do so. I call the Police who advise that its a civil matter as they'd be unable to unpick who had what rights on the spot.

So: Is that trespass? She's only the daughter with no role in the repair or business in relation to my property and was just there to gawp and sneer. I asked many times for her to vacate. Now my LL has a right to look the place over, she can have her husband as support and the builder will be doing the work so I have no issue with that. What might be my rights here?

Yes - it is trespass.

Your rights are to use reasonable force to eject her - but be careful. It is likely that you will get the blame and it is you who will end up getting arrested.

You can bring a county court claim for trespass. No need to show any damage. I suppose that you could consider suing for a nominal amount - say, £200

If it happens again, I owuld video it all on a mobile phone - including your reasonable and polite requests to leave

I thought as much Bankfodder, thanks for the advice. I have photos of her in my house and I had a witness in attendance so I may CC her just to wipe that smug look off her face that she had on as she refused to leave. Nominal damages are fine its more about putting her through the mangle. Previously these guys have attempted to force entry, there was a whole clan of 5 of em banging on my door and trying to unlock it way back in June. Theyve also threatened me with cutting my amenities off, generally called me 'poor ****' and issued the worst ever issued sec 21. Which I enjoyed destroying in front of them in court. Sadly this will roll on, I'm planning on taking them to task over the state of the property too, but its good to find a ready source of info. Thanks!

To clarify, sorry I just blatted the above out: The council ordered the LL to carry out work. The LL appealed this but when it came to the hearing they'd just lost they're bid to evict me via sec21 so they capitulated and were again ordered by the council to carry out work. I received a letter from the LL stating this and that she requested a visit to inspect the property with her husband and builder in tow to arrive at a set time and on a set date.

They did arrive on time on the right day but with an extra, unmentioned in the letter. The private sector housing inspector was also with them, but he's pretty much on my side so is fine by me. So I said, as they all stood outside that only those previously mentioned could come in. As a result the daughter would have to wait outside. Due to my LL being pretty 'large' and my hallway quite tight I had to move into the house to allow her to enter, it was then that the daughter entered. I immediately said she had to leave but she refused. I called the police as mentioned above but they didnt really want to get involved in it but gave me a crime reference number and mentioned that I could pursue this down a civil route. So no I didn't specify a time but the notice I was given was adequate.