style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I was hoping someone could provide some advice. I took out a storecard with River Island/GE Money when I was 18 which was around 9.5 years ago. I also took out an overdraft/credit card and stupidly defaulted on all of them. I started paying them off and was convinced that I had paid in full the storecard years ago.

I paid off the rest in full last year. However around 1 year ago I was contacted by a debt collection agency out of the blue in relation to a £270 storecard which hadn't been paid off.

I've since changed banks and didn't keep statements etc from around the time as it had been so long (I also often used my mums/grans card to make payments on it) so I don't have full records of payments towards the storecard. I've called the storecard providers several times over the past year requesting payment breakdowns for all payments made to the account however as GE Money no longer exists and is part of Santander they told me they do not have this and I need to speak to DCA dealing with it.

What I find is strange is that the storecard had a £250 limit and they are chasing me for £270. I definitely made payments to this storecard so I don't understand the amount etc. If I've made a mistake and there has been an outstanding balance then I'm more than happy to pay but I'm almost 100% it was paid off.

I've asked the DCA for statments/payment breakdowns and they all say they will put a hold on acc for a few months till they get them from the creditor however they never materialize and then DCA changes.

All I want is a breakdown of payments made/dates so I can see proof that I owe this but noone seems to be able to provide this information. Can anyone help? Also I'm in Scotland and current DCA is Rockwell. Thanks in advance Lori

Edited by silverfox1961
spaced for clarity

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, stop ringing them. Deal with any matter via the post as they cannot deny anything said in a letter

Have you any idea when the last payment was made on this account? If more than 5 years ago (as you are in Scotland) then the debt will be extinguished. This may be why when you query the debt, it gets passed on.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I've written to them twice in over a year and also written to Santander cards dept (who bought over GE Money) sent all recorded delivery which were received however I got no replies from any of them and when I called they said that recorded delivery only gets it to the building so must have gone missing somewhere. I'm planning on writing to them again today but I'm not 100% what I should be asking for. I've previously written asking for a breakdown of payments from opening the card til present, I asked them to let me know if I need to sent a fee for an FOI for this but still nothing. Its getting a bit of a joke as they are phoning me constantly now. (I don't answer) Thanks *Also yes the last payment would have been over 5 years ago

You cannot do an FOI to a bank. They are not covered by the act (only government and other official bodies) so if you want all the information the hold on you, you will have to send a SAR to the Data Compliance manager at Santander.

Don't bother with any DCA as they have the bare minimum of information.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Santander Data Protection Team

201 Grafton Gate East

Milton Keynes

MK9 1AN