style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I am a newbie with several debts (going back to 2006) with different companies, that are now with several different debt collectors. I've made a little start, by sending 4 of these requests for credit agreements. Would it be best to post info about all under 1 new thread? I'm typing up a summary today. I'm not great with forums!

thanks for your help.

suzikins

Post them here and an admin can move it. You said the debts go back to 2006? You might have some that are sb or are UE through lack of paperwork.

Edited by Conniff
Corrected typo

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi suzikins and welcome to CAG!

You've made a good start by sending off the CCA requests and, as renegade says above, some of them may be statute barred if they haven't been acknowledged since 2006 and you have made no payments in that time.

You should start a different thread for each debt. Different people know about different banks and credit card companies. Each thread should have the name of the creditor in the title and the DCA too. That way you'll attract the right people to the threads.

If you have any problems with the new threads again, as renegade says, post them up here and admin will move them for you.

DD

Post them here and an admin can move it. You said the debts go back to 2006? You might have some that are sb or are UE through lack of paperwork.

Thanks. I have been trying to start a new thread, being really thick and can't figure how to start one?????

Edited by suzikins

Hi suzikins and welcome to CAG!

You've made a good start by sending off the CCA requests and, as renegade says above, some of them may be statute barred if they haven't been acknowledged since 2006 and you have made no payments in that time.

You should start a different thread for each debt. Different people know about different banks and credit card companies. Each thread should have the name of the creditor in the title and the DCA too. That way you'll attract the right people to the threads.

If you have any problems with the new threads again, as renegade says, post them up here and admin will move them for you.

DD

Thanks

Thanks. I have been trying to start a new thread, being really thick and can't figure how to start one?????

watched the 'start a new thread video' and it only seems to work for the 'Welcome' forum, clicking the 'new thread' link, but I'd already used that link to say Hi and ask the question. aaaarrrggghhhh!!!! stressed.

Hit Debt on the bar at the top of the page. Then choose Debt Management and Debt Self Help. Scroll to the bottom of the page of postings and you'll see 'Post New Thread'.

Click on that and you're away.

I couldn't ever remember how to do it. I had to look it up every time I wanted to start a thread for about six months!

Hit Debt on the bar at the top of the page. Then choose Debt Management and Debt Self Help. Scroll to the bottom of the page of postings and you'll see 'Post New Thread'.

Click on that and you're away.

I couldn't ever remember how to do it. I had to look it up every time I wanted to start a thread for about six months!

yey! thanks Desperate Daniella

Don't worry about making them into links for now. Just type the titles of the threads here as you do them.

(I have been here for five years and I have only ever made one hyperlink work. I have to open two windows and copy from one browser to another! And it took me about three years to realize I could do it that way. :oops:)