style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping that someone can help me,

long story cut short,

I got made redundant a while ago and TV licence direct debit bounced and I got a fine, I am now working.

I ran the courts who said £50 a month is the least I can pay,

they would not accept any less,

I managed to pay a couple of months but then could n't pay ( I am also catching up on rent/council tax)

I have had a letter from Marstons saying that they will visit to levy distress and remove my goods by auction.

As I have a heart condition I have written to Marstons re vulnerable debtor etc,

however is there any template letter or legislation that I can quote to the court,

all I want to do is come to an arrangement that I can afford but I know that the court will refer me back to the baliff

who will add additional charges on,

its making me ill and the insomnia !

hence I am writing this at 1 in the morning,

any advice would be appreciated,

This is the automated reply to my letter that I emailed a) disputing the amount they say I owe b) making a statement re vulnerable debtors Now I won't sleep tonight:(

Thank you for your email which will now be forwarded to the relevant department.

Please be advised that enforcement action will NOT be suspended whilst your correspondence is dealt with, we would therefore strongly advise that you contact us direct on 0845 074 3749. To speak to an operator please press option 2.

If you have not already done so, please provide our reference number or the name and full postal address of the warrant to enable us to trace the details on our database, without these details there may be a delay in responding to your enquiry.

In order to help us help you and speed up any response, please note the following:

If you are writing to advise that you have received a letter for an individual who does not reside at your address, please provide a copy of a recent utility or council tax bill (no older than 6 months). These can be faxed across to 01992 803001 or sent as an attachment to an email (Word document, PDF or JPEG).

If you are writing to advise that you have already made a payment to either us or the issuing authority, please provide evidence in the form of a receipt or copy of a bank statement. These can be faxed across to 01992 803001 or sent as an attachment to an email (Word document, PDF or JPEG).

If your case has been assigned to an Enforcement Agent, your query/enquiry will be passed to them to deal with, the Customer Care Team will write to you advising of the name and contact number of the Agent assigned to your case.

If you are making a formal complaint this will be dealt with in accordance with Marston Group’s formal complaints procedure. You will get a copy of this with the acknowledgement sent to you.

If your goods/ vehicle have been removed, please contact our Goods Removed Department on 01992 803030.

If none of the above applies, please await a further reply.

Marston Group contact details are available from http://www.marstongroup.co.uk/customer-support/contact-us/

Please note: this email is from an unmonitored address. Do not reply to this email - it will not be read.

You have received this email because an email was sent to customer.care@marstongroup.co.uk from your address. If you did not send an email to this address please ignore this response.

talk to the court directly.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't feel that I will get anywhere with them, I have looked through forums and it would appear the courts would refuse to deal with it, would tell me that it is now in the hands of the bailiffs, besides they (court) wouldn't listen when I asked in the first place to have payments set at a rate that I could afford

I don't feel that I will get anywhere with them, I have looked through forums and it would appear the courts would refuse to deal with it, would tell me that it is now in the hands of the bailiffs, besides they (court) wouldn't listen when I asked in the first place to have payments set at a rate that I could afford

I even asked to speak to a manager and they would n't budge on the payment amount

If you have a court fine you cannot obtain an affordable repayment plan for, then you ask Magistrates for a 'means hearing', pointing to your vulnerability. I don't think this can be refused. But you would have to go to the court to get anywhere. Probably over the phone, they will try to give you the brush off. If you go to the court, take all your financial info and evidence of medical issue.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I even asked to speak to a manager and they would n't budge on the payment amount

Only a magistrate can determine the amount you should pay. Get a means assessment done by a magistrate as soon as possible. BTW how much was the original TV licence fine before bailiff costs?

• dx100uk changed the title to Marstons bailiffs - My TV licence court fine