Quick MBNA PPI question

Peterbard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a virgin brand claim with the FOS, it was upheld provisionally last june, they ignored it for some months and then contested it.

The FOS have had it on the waiting list ever since for another adjudication.

I am now considering taking an action in the small claims. I understand that there is a premium which can be applied to a claim if there has been unreasonable behavior is this correct(without me having to look through the guidance please) and if so how much is the going rate,

Many thanks

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Dodge

Not my area I'm afraid, but that is a long time since provisional decision to conclusion. Was that provisionally upheld by an Adjudicator without going to Ombudsman level as of yet? Presumably you are based in England? Hopefully someone can help you better shortly.

AfterMidnight

Hi Dodge

Not my area I'm afraid, but that is a long time since provisional decision to conclusion. Was that provisionally upheld by an Adjudicator without going to Ombudsman level as of yet? Presumably you are based in England? Hopefully someone can help you better shortly.

AfterMidnight

Thanks for the reply

Yes tt was then it was ignored , they gave them a deadline of a month, and then another and then another all ignored. Eventually they came back with a claim that I had no provision for sick pay or insurance, which i do and did and had enclosed proof in my initial claim. ever since I have been ringing the FOS and always get the same response. waiting to go in front of the ombudsman for another adjudication.

Maddening

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

CPR 27.14 may assist, probably best to have a look at the impact of the updated pre action conduct PD too http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct

I'd be inclined to exhaust ADR [FoS] first.

Thanks Mike

I have done the calks and it comes to about 2.5k, I emailed their HO and basically got fobbed off back to the FOS,

I should really get my finger out, although it is making 8% I suppose which is better than my savings :)