Witness satatement and ET3 - ** SETTLED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sidewinder,

thanks again for clarifying this. Do I stand any chance of remedy for this situation?

My guess is it will be dependent on the context.

Why do you want to contest the witness statements to begin with?

Even if they were signed, how would it affect your situation and the outcome of the hearing?

Would the verdict be different if you questioned the authenticity of those statements?

Were the people whose statements were presented at the hearing there for cross-examination?

Edited by Lolas Cat

Hi there,

thanks again for your response.

Nope I was not representing myself, however I may aswell have been. I had paid counsel. They were completely useless so it comes as no surprise that they missed yet again another detail.

However I would have hoped that the judge would have picked up on this..

Regards

BB

In all honesty, the judges don't care that much these days. At my last hearing I asked my clients to sign the statements in the waiting room and the clerk told me not to bother!

In all honesty, the judges don't care that much these days. At my last hearing I asked my clients to sign the statements in the waiting room and the clerk told me not to bother!

Hi Becky,

many thanks for your response.

Really am starting to give up all faith in the employment tribunals.

The judges would appear to not care that much about anything that goes on these days, apart from when they break for lunch!

So you are saying that a witness/ respondent/ appellant can put any old gobbledegook in their statement and then when questioned on what is written there, if they are lucky enough to get around to that bit, are not bound to what is in the statement as it is not signed/ notarised and therefore isn't worth the paper it is written on?

hmmm seems procedural incorrect to me and this is a very basic thing.

In my experience most judges will take a common sense approach to things like signature. Stuff should be properly signed but judges will be more interested in content.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS