Financial Power Of Attorney with Banks

PurpleSue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a carer for my elderly uncle who put a lasting Power of Attorney in place when he had a spell of ill health.

There have not been any problems with the health side of the POA but when I went to his bank to register the Financial POA they said that once I registered it with them he would be denied all access to his accounts and I would resume all responsibility. I naively thought that the POA could be attached to his account ready to act on his behalf as and when needed.

I walked away from the bank at that time as I didn't want to deprive my uncle access to the money in his current account, he regularly walks to the bank to cash a cheque which in my mind keeps him fit and active.

My uncle is now in hospital and his mental capacity has declined further. Is there a way I can register the POA with the bank so I can take care of his financial matters and continue to do so without depriving him of the ability to cash a cheque when he returns home?

Alternatively can I register the lasting POA with the bank and then with the POA in place, instruct them to keep him as a signatory on his current account?

Hi. Sorry you were missed.

just giving you a nudge on to todays posts

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE